211 Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
My mate's just bought a new (7000ml) E211 saloon. Can OE Parktronic be retrofitted and if so any idea of cost?

ta...

Yes.
Expensive.
Very.

Front and rear?

There are cheaper aftermarket units which perform equally as well as OE and look just as good.

Last edited:
Yes....front and rear. The trouble is his swmbo is throwing tantrums cos he came home with this car without the PT and now she wants it fitted by Merc. Any pointers to the aftermarket versions please.

The trouble is his swmbo is throwing tantrums cos he came home with this car without the PT and now she wants it fitted by Merc.

I'm sure previous threads have talked about well, well over a grand (maybe even nearer two) to have it retrofitted by MB.

Aftermarket much cheaper, i can't remember systems off hand, but do a search as i asked a similar question re my CLK a few months ago.

you could use an indie to fit it, might get away with not invalidating warranty if they didnt spot them, labour charge would halve then.

I must admit, the perceived probs using MB bits has stopped me doing them on the ML.....

Braybrooks do MB OEM retro-fit ~£1900 !!

MB can do a rear only retrofit at a dealer for about £500 i think. its called quickpark.

Trust me, you aren't missing out on much with Parktronic- mine is tempramental at the best of times! Its away back into the garage on Monday to get looked at again...

Thanks all. Yeh! mine are more than tempramental.....they dont work. All falling on deaf ears.:crazy:

The MB rear only retrofit is good - proper MB units - as it happens Euromerc have the kit for £200 - so id start with that

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=2100&parent=0

Its actually easy to retrofit as you just change the bumper strips to ones with the holes (and have the sensors sprayed up), and it plugs into the rear fusebox nicely

Richard

Last edited:
The MB rear only retrofit is good - proper MB units - as it happens Euromerc have the kit for £200 - so id start with that

Its actually easy to retrofit as you just change the bumper strips to ones with the holes (and have the sensors sprayed up), and it plugs into the rear fusebox nicely

Richard

rear is all you really need .. front is very rarely useful, apart for impressing passengers with the lights when you slow to stop :)

Richard

Appreciate this Richard thanks. Confused by 'just change the bumper strips'. On my estate the rear bumper appears to be in one piece with the sensors not mounted in strips (like the front) but in the actual bumper. Is the saloon different?

Edit....just checked the EPC and a saloon is different. Do the sensors all fit to the central piece or are the side strips needed as well, if so the relevant bits cost £300 although that might be worth investigation if nothing else than for marital harmony. Does the kit come with a display/audible warning thingy do you know?

Last edited:
Edit....just checked the EPC and a saloon is different. Do the sensors all fit to the central piece or are the side strips needed as well, if so the relevant bits cost £300 although that might be worth investigation if nothing else than for marital harmony. Does the kit come with a display/audible warning thingy do you know?

I think some are at the side - not quite sure though
R

Appreciate this Richard thanks. Confused by 'just change the bumper strips'. On my estate the rear bumper appears to be in one piece with the sensors not mounted in strips (like the front) but in the actual bumper. Is the saloon different?

The rears only tend to have 4 just in the centre , the front has 6 from the top of my head.

Hi, I am jist going to take wifey to collect her new SLK.
As part of the deal the dealer was to retrofit factory parktronic, and is only charging the brochure price.
I have made it very clear that it is to be exactly as per, and they have confirmed that this will be the case. Will report back and try to find out who did it.
BTW they are also retrofitting COMAND for brochure price as well.

Oh good - the sun has come out:cool:

Anyone explain this please. Got the vin number of this new car today, it's a 58 plate. Entered that into the EPC and it's coming up with the same three section removeable rear bumper trim as an 05 vin car. However.....actually looking at this new car the bumper trim is part and parcel of the whole rear bumper and does not separate. To retro-fit sensors It looks like a complete bumper will be required. Despite it having the vin it looks like the EPC is wrong or hasn't been updated to the later car. Also it wont display the data card, the icon being greyed out.
Anybody else come across this with the EPC?

If EPC doesnt have the data for the car, the button is greyed out and you get a generic version of the car (i.e the correct model/engine but no more) so thus you get the wrong part (or you get all possible parts for all possible years)

your bumper will need drilling (well, i'd use a hole punch rather to get perfect round hole) - but I beleive (and I havent tried myself) there are markings inside to tell you where to drill

R

If EPC doesnt have the data for the car, the button is greyed out and you get a generic version of the car (i.e the correct model/engine but no more) so thus you get the wrong part (or you get all possible parts for all possible years)

your bumper will need drilling (well, i'd use a hole punch rather to get perfect round hole) - but I beleive (and I havent tried myself) there are markings inside to tell you where to drill

R

On the W211 the rear bumper trims are split into 3. One for either side and a centre section where the parktronic sensors are located.

IF it was me , i would just buy the colour coded centre strip to match the car either with or without the chrome strip depending if its a classic or not with the holes for the OEM parktronic already built in. Im assuming the quick park uses the same sensors? lol maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom