212 battery replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keith of kent

Car
E212 350 sport night edition estate , GLA 200 Sport Premium
The main battery on my 212 E350 is now getting a bit old (2015).
I can get Bosch or Varta for £163 delivered
Have got a battery from these guys last year for my garden tractor, excellent service.
I am very capable on the spanners, but do I need to do anything special other than remove/replace the battery
Thanks
Keith

Have got a battery from these guys last year for my garden tractor, excellent service.
I am very capable on the spanners, but do I need to do anything special other than remove/replace the battery
Thanks
Keith
It’s worth putting a charger onto the jump start terminals under the bonnet to keep radio settings etc intact while you swap the battery.

I changed the battery yesterday. I was going to connect a small alarm 12v battery to the jump start terminals but quickly realised the connectors would be easily knocked off whilst manoevering the battery. Called my local indy who said it wasn't needed, just replace the battery in the time honoured way, which I did.
Everything worked fine afterwards except the door mirrors stopped auto folding, fixed by doing factory reset using steering wheel menu. And I lost the trip data, not a problem.
Excellent next day tracked delivery from Tayna

Thanks
Keith
Did your battery fail?

Mine are going strong after 11 years..

Did your battery fail?

Mine are going strong after 11 years..
No it didn't but it was only showing 12v a few hours after being hooked up to my Accumate for several days. Going abroad with it in the summer and don't fancy a breakdown. The aux battery failed just inside the three years warranty and was replaced FOC by MB

Mine lasted 11 years in the 350 cdi. Just changed it a couple of days ago. Simple in and out then turn the steering left to right a few times to sort the steering angle sensor, jobs a good un

Mine lasted 11 years in the 350 cdi. Just changed it a couple of days ago. Simple in and out then turn the steering left to right a few times to sort the steering angle sensor, jobs a good un

Actually odd if the steering angle sensor needed "calibration". I know older cars like a W210 did need it but a W212 should not. Windows usually need calibration for one-touch opening/closing, sun roof too. Nothing complicated anyway, definitely no need to visit a workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom