212 E Class Parking Brake Cable Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OJLane

Car
E350d, E350 CDI sold on at 357,000 miles, C270 is sadly no longer with us, chewed a glow plug :-(
Hi all, I can't seem to find information anywhere about how to adjust the parking brake cable on my 2009 W212 E Class. It failed its taxi test today on the parking brake holding ability and my garage can't get me in in time for work booked in. I have cleaned and adjusted the shoes and the inside of the drum but there is still a lot of travel on the pedal. My old S203 C Class is easy, under a plate under the back seat, well documented too but can't seem to find anything about my E class :-/

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me ( and others too )

I was told its under a black plastic cover at the rear on the car underneath near the diff ??

I'll have a look at the epc later .

No idea if it's the same as on the W204, but on that, with the wheel off, there's a hole you can put a flathead screwdriver through and nudge a cog along, that tightens it. Has to be done per side obviously.

No idea if it's the same as on the W204, but on that, with the wheel off, there's a hole you can put a flathead screwdriver through and nudge a cog along, that tightens it. Has to be done per side obviously.
Thank you, I adjusted the shoes earlier when I took the disk off to clean it all, it is the cable adjustment that I’m after

If you go to 7zap and choose Mercedes . enter your vin and browse yourself . good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom