212 E500 - rude bill of health from BSG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
My nearest indy (BSG) has carried out a lot of work on my Merc's over the years. These days I've moved away from the area a bit and tend to go local for the more trivial stuff but it's become a rite of passage to take any new purchase round there to have it checked out meticulously. And sometimes expensively.....

I took it in armed with the service history, the report of a very minor part throttle misfire (so minor my wife was convinced I was making it up). I also asked them to do the gearbox oil and filter if they deemed it necessary.

After running all the standard diagnostics and doing compression tests they put the misfire down to the plugs. Although I'll need to get it out onto the open road to be 100% sure the problem has completely gone it does put my mind at rest. And it definitely does idle even more smoothly than before.

The gearbox oil was four years old and so now outside the 3 years/31k that MB seemed to suggest in the paperwork I looked at. So I was happy to have that done too.

But apart from that, nada. Zilch. Rien. Nothing at all. Happy days! (and happier wallet!).

Anyway, it's always good to pop into BSG and see what Michael's up to with his project cars. And even better to get good news at the same time.

Now all I need to do is to work out a reason to go somewhere in it.....

I know it's going back to France in August but that MONTHS away :)

That's good :D
But why is the car in rude health?.....to prevent you saying "you 'rude' the day you bought it":dk::eek:

FINALLY managed to find the time to take it for a run out of town to make absolutely sure the misfire was gone. Drove it up the M1 to Watford and did a few miles on the A41 to try out 40-60's and 60-80's. Also did some other increments but let's just leave that hanging.

Anyway, it was totally stutter free, must have been the plugs.

It's such a pleasant feeling to have a car on 55,000 miles with no fault codes, brand new discs and pads all round, fresh g/box fluid + filter, fresh plugs and tyres that are barely worn.

I now just need to fit a clear film bumper protector at the back and get ReplacementMercedesKeys to cut me a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom