212 gearbox reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keith of kent

Car
E212 350 sport night edition estate , GLA 200 Sport Premium
For some time when going from "Park" to "Drive" or "Reverse" I have needed to use two applications of the gear selector stalk. One application just put it into Neutral. I thought that it hadn't always been like that and indeed my wife's GLA does not behave like it.( I am aware thats a totally different gearbox.)
In addition I have noticed increased fuel consumption down to about 34mpg ( Its a 2015 E350 9 speed).
I remembered seeing on here about a gearbox reset. Yesterday I did that, when completed there is no indication from the car that anything has changed, I didn't drive it.
Today I drove it and found the gear selection issue solved. The gearbox was changing up at lower revs than it had been of late. The journey that I do twice a week returned 42.8mpg.
I think thats a pretty good result for a few minutes sitting in my car and zero cost

For some time when going from "Park" to "Drive" or "Reverse" I have needed to use two applications of the gear selector stalk. One application just put it into Neutral. I thought that it hadn't always been like that and indeed my wife's GLA does not behave like it.( I am aware thats a totally different gearbox.)
In addition I have noticed increased fuel consumption down to about 34mpg ( Its a 2015 E350 9 speed).
I remembered seeing on here about a gearbox reset. Yesterday I did that, when completed there is no indication from the car that anything has changed, I didn't drive it.
Today I drove it and found the gear selection issue solved. The gearbox was changing up at lower revs than it had been of late. The journey that I do twice a week returned 42.8mpg.
I think thats a pretty good result for a few minutes sitting in my car and zero cost
Please share how you reset the gearbox

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Get in car shut door, do not switch on any electrics.
Turn ignition on, do not start car.
Press accelerator to the floor, hold down for at least 10 seconds.
Turn ignition off, do not remove key.
Release accelerator pedal.
Wait 2 mins for ECU to reset.
Remove ignition key and exit the car.
Gearbox should be reset to factory settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom