Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcbutler

Car
c220 cdi coupe AMG sport 2012
Hi all,

My first post here.

I bought the latest C220CDI Auto Coupe 6 months ago and I was told by an MB technician that the only difference between this car and the 250CDI is the ECU map!

I have looked at several remapping options and I am considering proceeding in the near future.

This will boost BHP by 45 and torque by around 55lb/ft, making it more powerful (10BHP) than the 250CDI!!

My main concern (not too greater concern) is if the torque converter and auto gearbox are the same on both models?

Does any genius out there know the answer??

Thanks in advance.

Marcus

go to mercedes-benz uk

click c class
click coupe
click model information
click technical data

180 and 250 petrols are single turbos, 350 petrol no turbo

All new diesels are twin turbo

which gearbox have you got, manual is pants, auto is a lot better.

Mine is very pokey with the autobox, even the guys at mercedes have commented on it.

However once the vehicle is mapped it is 78 car lengths further down the road after 1km! so quite a difference.

Also worth noting a mapped 220 is 40Kg lighter than a stock 250!

I'd be interested to learn the reason for the 40kg difference ....

which gearbox have you got, manual is pants, auto is a lot better.

Mine is very pokey with the autobox, even the guys at mercedes have commented on it.

However once the vehicle is mapped it is 78 car lengths further down the road after 1km! so quite a difference.

Also worth noting a mapped 220 is 40Kg lighter than a stock 250!

It has the Auto box and is truly awful. Very "gruff" when you plant the pedal and a very poor power delivery. I have driven a C250 in the past and whilst still tractor like, it was nippy.

I suspect this one isn't right but as it's only on loan for the week until mine is sorted, I don't care that much. Plus it has the HK Audio so it's a pleasure to just turn up the music to drown it out.

Yeah probably been abused since new and showing it I reckon. Courtesy cars seem to always be that way. Worst I ever had was an Audi A6 3.0tdi, bloody awful thing..

I'd be interested to learn the reason for the 40kg difference ....

Yeah so would I to be honest, its a lot of weight, nearly as much as a full tank of fuel. Maybe they screwed up when they weighed them and did one empty and one full lol...

Seriously though what difference could there be that would add up to 40kg?, Mine has AMG sport pack so bigger discs, calipers, wheels, tyres, adaptive suspension and ICE, sat nav, command system etc might weigh more but none of that should show on a basic kerb weight from tech specs, strange.....

Is the 250 a twin exhaust? that might account for the difference!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom