220 cdi 125bhp turbo pressure.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pouzada

Car
S202 220 cdi '99
Hi,

Anyone knows how much is the max turbo pressure for the 125 bhp cdi engine?

Regards

Pouzada

Most small diesels i have come across anywhere between 0.7 and 1 bar.

Trucks at work are ramping up to over 2.5 bar on the higher horsepower models, thats the newer ones, older ones 1.5 bar maxish.

Why do you ask?

Lynall

It has a wastergate turbo, so pressures are a bit lower, than with VNT-turbo.
Max wanted charger pressure seems to be 0,86bar at 2000rpm.

20ixno1.jpg

Most small diesels i have come across anywhere between 0.7 and 1 bar.

Trucks at work are ramping up to over 2.5 bar on the higher horsepower models, thats the newer ones, older ones 1.5 bar maxish.

Why do you ask?

Lynall

Hi,

I'm willing to install turbo pressure, oil temp and oil pressure VDO dials, and I need to know if 1.5 bar was enough.

Regards

Pouzada

By the way, what's the mechanical difference between my engine and the 143 bhp?

Regards

Pouzada

If they are both 220cdi engines it might be just down to the ECU, as is the case with most mercedes diesel 'engine variations'. But dont take my suggestion seriously, i'm not 100% sure in this particular case, unless the 143bhp version you speak about is a W202 also and not a W203.

Whats 3500psi between friends:)

Pouzada do a search on here for member tuikku as he has done some seriously impressive stuff with his car, may also be on mercedes-benz owners froum.

Lynall

Last edited:
If they are both 220cdi engines it might be just down to the ECU, as is the case with most mercedes diesel 'engine variations'. But dont take my suggestion seriously, i'm not 100% sure in this particular case, unless the 143bhp version you speak about is a W202 also and not a W203.

You're right, I'm talking about the W203 engine.

Pouzada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom