220 cdi grills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefef

Car
220 cdi saloon clasic
hi all any ideas , i have a 220cdi and i would like to change the grill to one with the star in the center. and put a flat one on the bonnet . now not sure about this but first can you get one for this model i see a lot on e bay but they dont give sizes , my car is dec2002 anybody fitted one i would like to hear also any contacts were i can buy one hoping thanks

Just checked on ebay and there seems to be plenty out there.

Also some adverts for grilles in Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine.

Hope you get sorted.

Please don't do it!!!

I think it can look tacky but thats my opinion

Please don't do it!!!

I think it can look tacky but thats my opinion

Not just your opinion, I share it!

Ultimately its your car davefef and of course you can do what you like with it, but the star in the grille doesn't quite look right on a W203.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Ultimately its your car davefef and of course you can do what you like with it, but the star in the grille doesn't quite look right on a W203.

I agree with all of the above :D

thirded

Fourthed.

Welcome to the forum davefef.

Do you not live being guided by the 3 pointer?? (make a nice aiming sight by the way)... fifted

I note that the sport version of the W204 has a star in the grill.

If I remember right, a member recently advertised one in the classifieds? Might be worth a search.

I think they can look good, although I wouldn't fit one to my car - of those I've seen you can tell at a glance it's an aftermarket part - which is what stops me getting one. If there was an OEM part I'd probably leap at it - sadly the grille from the W209 CLK is different. Doh!!

If I remember right, a member recently advertised one in the classifieds? Might be worth a search.

I think they can look good, although I wouldn't fit one to my car - of those I've seen you can tell at a glance it's an aftermarket part - which is what stops me getting one. If there was an OEM part I'd probably leap at it - sadly the grille from the W209 CLK is different. Doh!!
Could it be cut to fit? That's how practically all the W202 grills are made.

Could it be cut to fit? That's how practically all the W202 grills are made.
I suspect they're too different - fixings are completely different too IIRC. Maybe someone brighter than me might be able to make it fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom