2207 W639 Vito Sport front coils and top bushes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

enveetee

Car
W639 Vito Sport
Good day
Our '07's front coil spring broke. Quoted 550.00 for our local garage to replace both plus the top bushes so I thought I'd have at it since the weather has improved.

Offside now off and broken spring removed. 1hours work and only a bit of swearing...

So, OEM Mercedes parts or are these online folks ECP, BuyCarParts.co.uk any good. The price difference is huge. MB coil spring is 70.00 online is 32.00!

Anyone care to comment please, I'm am leaning towards a set of SACHS..

Cheers

£70 for genuine part seems decent plus it'll be the correct spring rating as there's usually a few choices depending on spec from factory. You might have seen people mention coloured dots on the Merc springs before?

Yes I have seen the dots, The one I took off today has a yellow and blue mark

Good day
Our '07's front coil spring broke. Quoted 550.00 for our local garage to replace both plus the top bushes so I thought I'd have at it since the weather has improved.

Offside now off and broken spring removed. 1hours work and only a bit of swearing...

So, OEM Mercedes parts or are these online folks ECP, BuyCarParts.co.uk any good. The price difference is huge. MB coil spring is 70.00 online is 32.00!

Anyone care to comment please, I'm am leaning towards a set of SACHS..

Cheers
Hi enventee,

Let mw know how it goes, or went... My passenger side front snapped yesterday - luckily I noticed before I'd even left the driveway. Now I've just got to figure out how to get it to my local mechanic. Weirdly, it seems to have snapped while I wasn't driving it, or at least it was on its way out but saved me from a big swervy and sweary episode. I drove over the snapped piece as I went to drive it somewhere!

Anyway - let me know if there are any things to watch out for.
Thanks,
George

Hi enventee,

Let mw know how it goes, or went... My passenger side front snapped yesterday - luckily I noticed before I'd even left the driveway. Now I've just got to figure out how to get it to my local mechanic. Weirdly, it seems to have snapped while I wasn't driving it, or at least it was on its way out but saved me from a big swervy and sweary episode. I drove over the snapped piece as I went to drive it somewhere!

Anyway - let me know if there are any things to watch out for.
Thanks,
George
Hi George
It all went well. I used genuine MB parts at 158.00 per side.
Are you thinking of doing it yourself?
It was a bit of a struggle getting the top mount undone, you really could do with a pass through 21mm socket
also, make sure you mark the position o the lower bolt that adjust the camber/castor I cant remember the term, otherwise you'll need to take it to some to re align the wheels.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. I'm not even going to try doing it myself. I just want to pretend I know what to do when I have it dragged into hospital. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom