220E ignition problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telltel

Having sadly scrapped my 230E I have purchased a 1993 220E, which is a lovely car but has been fitted with a Thatcham immobiliser, which on my return journey from purchasing the car decided to immobilise itself and then 'not see' its transponder. After an embarassing time waving dongles about the car fired up and I was away. However over the following months this immobiler continues to call the shots on when it would immobilise the car (some at speed on the motorway), I had the offending unitt de-installed. The car now starts when I as it to, but last night just cut out whilst on the move and then refuesed to start, I looked at the key ring and noticed that I'd brought my spare set that still had the dongle on it - once I took this off it started immediately. Do I still have the immobilser fitted or is this a co-incidence and I'm suffering from a 'known' ignition/electric problem?

Thanks

Terry

was the whole unit completely removed or was the wiring just by passed? They should have taken out everyhting, including the black box...
If they tried to bypass it somehow, may still be interfering...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom