225/40/18 on 18x8.5?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meerkatsmimm

Car
Vito
I've ordered a set of AMG reps 18 x 8.5 and 9.5 with ET35 offset...

will these fit with 225/40/18 & 255/40/18 tyres?

On a 2013 lwb Vito btw :)

Last edited:
I think the tyres will be a bit stretched i think they are a size too small! (for width)

Tony.

if i go up in size to 235 though will there be catching on the arch with the ET?

i would not think so if its the correct offset for your model you would only be putting on the correct tyre for the size of rim.
Check out an offset calculator.

To

Thanks, the offset for the van i believe is ET50 standard but as i'm going wider and bigger I'm getting all confused, and really my mind goes to mush when I start looking at the offset calculator things - I'm being a woman and claiming pregnancy brain here though :)

right:
on the front (8.5 et35) the inner clearence from the strut will be 4mm closer.
the outer clearence from the wheel arch will be 34mm further out.
The back will be the 17mm closer to the strut and stick out from the arch 47mm.

I would avoid them myself.

if you want to look try 1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator

Tony.

I've already bought the wheels - not ordered tyres though.

No problem with a bit of 'poke' but wondering if the fronts will catch when turning/on lock either direction?

Thanks for sticking with me so far Tony :)

lol no worries did you not mention to the supplier what vehicle you were going to put them on?
They should have advised you against it as i think you will have major issues!

Tony.

The company i've bought them from just state that they are the correct centre bore/pcd for a vito and 'should' bolt straight on...

I asked for advice on tyres and they made it clear they don't sell tyres but only give advice/personal opinion on tyre sizes. I really want the rims though as they will look pretty :D

What will be my main issue do you think?

sticking out too far and rubbing on the suspension legs/inner arches.
center bore and pcd just means they will bolt on to your hubs does not mean they will fit under your arches....i might be wrong but i think they are wrong!

Tony.

Ok :(

I could always drive slowly and never have full lock on :D

I will have to reconsider my rubber or modify my arches haha

I suppose it is my own fault though as they do not state 100% that they will fit with no mods...must do my research before and not impulse purchase :)

Lol let me know how you get on (what mods if any are needed) and a picture of them once fitted!

Tony.

Welcome to the forum Fellow vito owner. One other thing to bear in mind which you may not have thought about, is the load rating, are these wheels rated to take the load a vito can carry ???? Also your insurers may very well refuse you insurance as you have put non standard alloys on the van . They can be very picky incase of any accident if you have not told them, and even then some may refuse a claim .

What model vito have you got ? any piccies of the Van ???

Post em up so us fellow van drivers can admire them .

Nick

I've ordered a set of AMG reps 18 x 8.5 and 9.5 with ET35 offset...

will these fit with 225/40/18 & 255/40/18 tyres?

On a 2013 lwb Vito btw :)

tyre will slip off the rim...235 for 8.5 and 245 for 9.5 rim ,minimum but check tyre manufacture specs...... lm running on the vito all round 255/45/18 , 103 load rated 18 x9 ml55 amg rims et 52 , maximum on 8.5 wheels et 45..

What model is your van ? is it a dualiner , traveliner or just a good old fashioned Van ???

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom