22nd June 08, Midlands GTG, put your name down here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got to cry off I'm afraid - haven't been able to reshuffle another commitment.

Good luck - it looks to be a cracking day

71 cars on the list, and even with some fallout it should be quite a show.

As this will be a first for me I've nothing to compare it to, but I was wondering, Has there been a bigger one in the past?

Not as far as im aware... its being in the midlands that does it as accesible for all..

Ooh, I'd be interested in a gearbox reset to Olly.

Olly. You're a gent.

Thank you for helping me out today.

So far so good, I took it easy for the first 10/15 miles or so, and it did feel smoother.

As instructed, I gave it some (not full) beans for the remaining 5/10 miles but didn't really stretch it's legs in 5th gear as I thought your suggested explaination may not hold up in court!! :D

It did fluff one gear change under heavy braking on the approach to a roundabout, but that's possibly the gearbox re-learning.

Will report back after a rush hour crawl...

As instructed, I gave it some (not full) beans for the remaining 5/10 miles but didn't really stretch it's legs in 5th gear as I thought your suggested explaination may not hold up in court!! :D

Will report back after a pub crawl...

How irresponsible.

Diesel-"the editor"-man strikes again :D.

Just got back in a wee while ago.

Thanks Jay.

The lads and I had a wonderful day today.

Nice to meet new people who have the same addiction - the Three Pointed Star!

Here's to the next one!

Regards,

KJ

Well, my 1st ever GTG... and it was great!

Jay/family/friends etc put on a excellent day, thanks very much! - Big up!

After 5years or so on here, it was good to finally put names to faces, everyone I spoke to was very friendly - after looking at some of the photos it appears that I only got round to speaking to less than half of you :eek: Sorry!

I guess thats what happens when you arrive an hour & half late :crazy:

Pity there were only 2x W202s there though, its a shame the other guys couldnt make it.

Do I win an award for the rustiest car there? :(

Jay, your SEC is amazing :bannana:

Thanks again Karl.

Looked like a good one. Sorry I couldnt make it Jay, off to Vegas on a stag, so had a few last minute things to get done.

Top marks Jay, please pass on thanks to all your family from Therese and myself for all the effort they obviously put in.
Goldfish, nice sausage mate, thanks.

Just 2 minor hiccups,

Got caught in the Donnington traffic on the M1

Got a lot of earache all the way home for selling this a few months ago.
We both still wish I hadn't.

Jays008.jpg

Ray, you should see it now!

We washed it again when we got back to Sutton Coldfield and then waxed it and machine polished it.

It looks even better now.

It's really, really gleaming now!

See you on the 19th in Sheffield for the "Yorkshire GTG."

Regards,

KJ

Not at all mate... the local green W210 that turned up with a cheeky for sale sign won that by far me thinks..

Dieselman has the full appraisal report!

Only after your Wife educated me in the finer points of Mercedes rust..:D

Well I have just arrived back in the office from having to attend 4 different site meetings in 2 different countries over the weekend which forced me to miss out on yet another GTG.:mad: :mad:
It looks like everyone had a good time and I'm really peed off that I missed it through bloody work again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom