230 still not start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stretch1568

Car
230ce
hi just got a 230ce running fine then it splutted then back fired now wont go it got gas and a spark someone said it could be a pin that holds the drive gear on the camshaft in the engine i took the dizzy out that all seems ok but drive in the hole seems to turn freely when then engine is not moving? can anybody help please

If this is the early single row chain 102 engine then yes, they did that.
Twin row chains not usually a problem though.

well all in all not too bad £371 for the bits cam chain, guides, pins and the new dizzy drive cog was enuff but not as bad as i thought it was going to be

Glad you got it sorted. Just wondered what sort of mileage your car has done for it to wear so badly. Never seen one that bad before, even on my previous W123 230E with just under 230k miles when I finally sold it - still running great.

next job sort the dash lights out not working so think it dash out new bulbs first unless the dimmer switch is faulty i hope not as itlooks like it might be a fiddly job i got got hands like shovels lol

well good old gt85 sprayed the inners of the switch the other day and that seems to have sorted the switch out lights work fine now, and just fitted new ariel too i think the next job is to fitt the new new pi lowering srings that i have got from ebay for £50

Last edited:
still to wet too get the spring changed so went for a easy job today new earth lead as the old on had a broken end where it clapped on the battery so now to bad plently of grease slapped on top to just to stop the rust

well i went to a charity track day at the weekend took the merc round the track a few times think i need to change them springs soon but was fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom