230CE Crayford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motobrox

Car
Sierra mk1 Cosworth
A friend of mine rocked up the other day with a 230ce Crayford convertible. It's looking a bit sorry for itself, but is believed to be complete. A rare beast indeed, as I can't find much about it out there. Is it worth restoring is the question?

And according to a couple of websites only one is known to the Crawford club so yes, it's well worth restoring. It was called the St Tropez.

MERCEDES_ST_TROPEZ.jpg

gasrobe1.jpg

Last edited:
So exclusive, factory options include a chauffeur!

There were some German coachworks doing similar .

I don't like the way the hood lies up top like some pre war German open touring car .

Mercedes got it right with the W124 cab

Not worth it but certainly worth it; a very smart looking car with the roof up, how much would you be happy to throw at it in total...?

Lovely car !

That’s really rather nice. My father had a 230TE in the exact same colour as that back in the early 80s. Memories!

Is the car in Malaysia as per your signature or in the UK? I take it that its RHD? In your initial post you said the car was in need of restoration I take this is still the case? All these factors would have a major influence on its potential sale value here in the UK.
Posting some pictures would help assess its likely value here or in Malaysia.

The 116 has New South Wales plates on it, and is Right Hand Drive. Poster OBG has hopped onto the thread and confused you with his 116 ( which is a very nice looking wagon ) as he has made no mention (yet) of any restoration needd on the 116.

Steve

Bl**dy thread hijackers.:mad:
While at it,the cab posted by the OP has just been bought by the guy that has that 123 red pig rep.Andrew I think his name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom