230clk electrical help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blingsta

Car
230clk convertible
hello all,
im a newbie and this is my first post.. :rock:

i bought my wifes 230clk convertible in december, its a 2001 model (auto)

over the past few days, ive noticed a some gremlins that are very worrying :mad:

1. start the car.. all is good until i put side lights on, message on dash tells me bulb failure !! boot brake light doesnt work, reverse lights dont work, reverse sensors bleep no matter what gear is selected and number plate lights are very dim.. most worrying thing is that if i leave sidelights on and switch the car off and take keys out of the ignition, the engine keeps running :dk:.. engine will switch off if i step on brake or switch off the side lights..:crazy:..

2. everything off.. car unlocked.. i open the boot or turn sidelights on and the ignition lights come on.. (keys in my hand) and engine fan fires up ???

where do i start looking pls chaps?

Hi,
The first things I would be looking at would be to ensure that the battery is fully charged and that the connections are secure especially the main battery earth is clean and secure to the chassis this is very close to the battery normally and could of wosrked loose.
Also check the engine earthing strap this can snap quite common, though not a 100% but I think you will find this under the in the vicinity of one of the engine mounts, most likely the passenger one if memory serves.

230 electrical probs

All earths checked.. Seem ok.. I can understand it being the ignition module that the car keeps running when I take the key out, but what about the boot open and fan on and ignition lights ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom