230K hits 280K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Here we go folks, 300K is on the horizon. Off to Paris (Parc Asterix)in the car on Friday night via Stranraer, Dover, Calais. Then from Paris up into Belguim and onto Duinrell in Wasenaar in Holland then back next Saturday. Gluten for punishment i know. All for the kids.

Hope car makes it with 7 onboard complete with luggage. Fingers crossed.
Looking back at old pics she was doing 70 when she turned 230, 250, 270 & 280k i know i am on the motorway a lot but didnt think that much and non of it is engineered.

10,000 miles in 3 months :crazy: now that rocks. I love Mercs.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=46529

100_1667.jpg

Last edited:
Do have a good time with your family and car,, it will not be any trouble, why should it, its gone so far why stop now.

When I think back to the 50's , 20k miles was the max a Ford 8hp would do before needing new big ends and main bearings

Good luck 230K:):)

Sighhhh, a full tank of fuel.... you show off :rolleyes:

Hang on....you're going 70mph taking that shot!

Sighhhh, a full tank of fuel.... you show off :rolleyes:

Hang on....you're going 70mph taking that shot!

Another Photoshopped piccie from 230k....

You just couldnt put that sort of miliage on a Beemer.

True. My friends 525td was..err..(insert word of choice) at 250k miles and his Passatt was no better at 200k..

I hope my w202 holds up to that kind of milage! - I only have 184,000 to go ;)

In 15 years I hope to be able to afford a much newer and faster Merc ;) - I bet I still have this one in a garage somewhere though!

You just couldnt put that sort of miliage on a Beemer.

???

I bought my first BMW at 266k - and sold it nearer 300k with an MOT and no issues. Depreciation was negative!

you will pass by my old abode. Leidschendam on you way to wassenaar.
watch out for dustbin cameras

you will pass by my old abode. Leidschendam on you way to wassenaar.
watch out for dustbin cameras

Thanks, what is the speed limit in Holland on a motorway and single carraigeway?
Another thing what is the accepted speed limit on the motorways of England will be going the whole way from Stranraer to Dover in the middle of the night, I know the limit is 70mph what can you get away with. You all know what i mean just wanting to know what to set cruise at was thinking 78 or so.

Thanks,

Last edited:
???

I bought my first BMW at 266k - and sold it nearer 300k with an MOT and no issues. Depreciation was negative!

Before the computerized MOT's and difficult to fiddle clocks, I've had a few cars like that too.

Do have a good time with your family and car,, it will not be any trouble, why should it, its gone so far why stop now.

When I think back to the 50's , 20k miles was the max a Ford 8hp would do before needing new big ends and main bearings

Good luck 230K:):)

There's a couple of "bits falling off" type comments I could make, but to be fair underneath all the electronics the 220CDi turned out to be a good engine for a friend of mine - he got to 360K and re-engined it because economy was going a bit.

Thanks, what is the speed limit in Holland on a motorway and single carraigeway?
Another thing what is the accepted speed limit on the motorways of England will be going the whole way from Stranraer to Dover in the middle of the night, I know the limit is 70mph what can you get away with. You all know what i mean just wanting to know what to set cruise at was thinking 78 or so.

Thanks,

in the street it is 50kph on the motorway it is 100kph and in some places 120kph.
single carraige is 80kph depending on signage .watch out for saloon volvo T5's mostly white, and C-class w203's with POLITIE on them .blue + silver and VW transporter vans.
I know you are a careful driver.

you do know you can cross from harwich straight to hoek van holland? 3.5 hrs

you do know you can cross from harwich straight to hoek van holland? 3.5 hrs
Thanks, i do now. Maybe next time i could go that route. You don't happen to have any Boat Broker contacts near Wasenaar??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom