230T Silver Shade??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondebier

Might sound like a daft question but can anyone tell what shade of silver this is? or tell me where I can check it ? Ideally I'm after the factory paint code/description... is it located anywhere on the car?

230T

Cheers,

Blondebier

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have thought that the paint code would be on the slam panel next to the VIN, under the bonnet.

If it were a 210 I'd say Brilliant/Atlas but 124s are a mystery to me :)

Probably Brilliant Silver code 744 as has been said already but being an earlier car it might be Astral Silver code 735. the plastic trim will be a darker shade such as Atlas Grey code 181
the colour code will be in the vehicle data card at the end of the service book if you still have it?

You will get the colour from HERE, alternatively have someone run the datacard for you from your VIN number.

Has anyone noticed that detaili parts site is down.?

Thanks for moving this one Brian. And thanks for all the replies.

I'm looking at getting a few little bits done on the car and wanted to get a few quotes/opinions as to what would be the best way of restoring her. I went to visit a bodyshop called Fairlight Coachworks (http://www.fairlightcoachworks.co.uk/) in Peacehaven this morning. The guy I saw came straight out with 744 without even looking... I was impressed. (Turns out it's actually Astral Silver - 735) Not bad for a guess though.

They have been appointed repairers to the local authority and they have done a few Mercs for Sussex Police.

He said that they could repair the front wings if I wanted them to, but he said that if I wanted to keep the car it would be best replacing them.

He checked on his system and he could source them direct from MB, but they were £170 a side. :eek:

I mentioned the owners club and thought that I'd ask for some advice before going down that route. He didn't mind at all.

I have seen a few places online that do replicas for about £40 a side, but a few posts on here reckon they don't fit that well and the quality isn't as good.

Any thoughts?

I want to get her restored, but don't want to spend silly money. Decisions/Decisions...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom