24 hours to go...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killban

Car
C250 CDi Sport Edition 125 Auto Saloon
All,

I am waiting at work for the call from the dealer to tell me when my new C-Class is going to be delivered tomorrow. It is after 12pm, so I have the morning to get through with my hire car - Vauxhall Isignia.

For the record, it is a C250 CDi Sport Edition 125 Auto Saloon. I am not sure of the colour, as I listed 3 down for the lease company. Hopefully, it is the Iridium Silver, but the Obsidian Black or my third choice of Palladium Silver will all look good.

I have read the online manual countless times, so I hope to be able to jump in and feel like I am at home!

My nephew has already asked me to pick him up from a friends house tomorrow night...

Once I have it, I shall put up some pictures.

Congratulations on the new car, great choice - either of those colours suit the W204 nicely. Look forward to seeing some pictures...

Congratulations, if Iridium silver that will be exactly the same spec as mine (2 months minus 1 day to wait).

Lets have lots of pics plus a report of what it is like to drive, it will make the wait a little easier.

Congratulations, if Iridium silver that will be exactly the same spec as mine (2 months minus 1 day to wait).

Lets have lots of pics plus a report of what it is like to drive, it will make the wait a little easier.

I'll see what I can do. I am moving into a new house on Saturday, so things might get a bit hectic over the weekend...

^ you should have gone for the estate :)

As it is only 2 minutes walk from where I am now, I think that would have been overkill... ;)

7 cases of stuff brought back from China, plus all the boxes of things I left here will mean quite a few trips to get it all moved though.

Picked my c250cdi elegance 125 edition up on tuesday after owning a bmw 520d se for 3years and i love it, comand much better than i drive in beemer and the auto is fantastic only quibble is i would say the seats aren,t as good and the brakes on the beemer were **** hot but it is early days just 500 miles covered.

A fabulous twin turbo powerunit - you'll love it I'm sure :thumb:.

Woohoo!! 0 Hours to go.

However, I am at work, and do not finish until 12pm. Car is at home on the drive. The driver has said that he will return at 1:30-2pm with the keys.

How frustrating!

I have asked my girlfriend to take some pictures of it for me...

Post some pictures later

Leaving work in 8 minutes (maybe less, don't tell the boss).

Hopefully get some pics up by this evening, otherwise, it might be Sunday.

Sorry for not posting any pictures. I took a few on my phone, but have not had a chance to actually do anything with them yet.

Moved house yesterday, and used my 24 hour old Merc as a pack horse lugging cases and general stuff the 2 minutes down the road.

On a plus point, it coped well.

Today I actually managed to get a bit of a run in it, taking my girlfriend to an afternoon function. It was only 9 miles away, but included town, dual carriage way and some A road stuff. I didn't give it the beans as much as I could have done, but I reset the trip before the journey, and at the end, I had got an easy 42mpg out of it. I wasn't attempting to be frugal, that was just what I got. I set the cruise for 70 on the dual-carriageway and that was as fast as I went.

The ride was not too firm, even though I have the 18" rims on. Road noise was very acceptable at 70mph. I hit the loud pedal a few times, and it certainly feels to have lots of pulling power. I will get to have a proper run out tomorrow. Work in the morning, back home, take the girlfriend to Uni, pick up parents at the airport, and then back again. Should give me a proper feel for the car and the economy as well.

One thing I am loving about it so far are my 1st generation iPod Nano plugged into the Media port in the center console and all the cover art / playlists etc. are there. A nice touch is that on the screen of the iPod, there is a MB 3 pointed star logo. Looks good.

I drove back home today with more stuff for the move, and it was the first time the lights have been on. When I first started the car, the lights went nuts! Moving all over the place and then settling down. I presume they do this every time you start up, it's just they aren't on. Anyway, tomorrows journey to work will see how the lights perform on various road types.

One thing I don't like, but to be fair, it is not a deal breaker, is the picture of the rear seats and having to press "OK" to get out of that. Like a say, not a deal breaker, and if that is the only thing I don't like, then it can't be all bad.

I shall try and get some pictures up soon.

One thing I don't like, but to be fair, it is not a deal breaker, is the picture of the rear seats and having to press "OK" to get out of that. Like a say, not a deal breaker, and if that is the only thing I don't like, then it can't be all bad.

What is that mate? Sorry haven't got mine so wasn't sure what you are referring to!

What is that mate? Sorry haven't got mine so wasn't sure what you are referring to!

I dont have to press OK to make it go away. It just goes away after a few seconds on its own. I will have to try pressing OK to see if it goes faster.

Funny story about this is Wifey thought that the symbol meant the doors were open and people may fall out (i.e. the three little bodies below the car). Spent the first week stopping the car 50 yrds down the road to check the doors until I pointed out it just indicates no seatbelts are in use in the rear, when a belt is used you get a little White person with seat belt on. Very useful in making sure kids have put the seat belts on as you drive off at high speed :D

I shall try and get some pictures up soon.

What the hell is that picture of the 3 people or back seats all about.

It seems to have no relevance and is not in the manual but is doing my head in.

What is it trying to tell me?

What is it trying to tell me?

This has always happened in my car, and I have never given it much thought as it goes away within seconds.
I have always assumed that it is simply a reminder that rear seat belts must be fastened by law - assuming someone is in the seats, that is!
But I could be wrong...:dk:

It shows which belts in the rear are fastened. My sister was in the back in the left hand seat. The icons showed a filled person on the left side, and the others ghosted, exactly like Goldfish11 said.

I'll get a picture of it later.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my car (finally)...

I have also attached a picture of the OBC after this mornings run in to work.

Attachments

• Merc_01.JPG
    Merc_01.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Merc_02.JPG
    Merc_02.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 44
Iridium silver is the best colour available. Lovely car and good to see its giving good MPG on such a tight engine, it bodes well for the future.

Good to hear you are happy with it, that mpg figure is great for the first few miles. I can use your picture to show people what mine will look like one day:thumb:

Lets us know how you get on, I always find cars grow on me and that I have oh that's how it works then moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom