24 Valve 3 Litre Valve Timing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHRIS STARKEY

Car
E250CDI '12, 300SL '90, E320CDi '01 estate, C250 '96 estate. c180 estate, 300CE24 coupe, 200E estate
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE VALVE TIMING ON A 3OO 24 VALVE?
I HAVE JUST HAD THE HEAD GASKET CHANGED TO STOP AN OIL LEAK, AND THE CAR WAS RUNNING VERY ERRATICALY - IN FACT WHEN THE ENGINE WAS REVVED AND THE CAM ADJUSTER MOVED THE CAM TO CHANGE THE TIMING - THERE WAS A TERRIBLE RATTLING, WHICH I THIUGHT WAS THE VALVES CATCHING ON THE PISTONS!!
THE GARAGE STOPPED THIS BY UNPLUGING THE VARIABLE VALVE TIMING ON THE END OF THE CAM - WHICH I SAID WAS UNACCEPTABLE - AND THE HAVE SUPPOSIDLY NOW CHANGED THE TIMING , BUT IT STILL RUNS VERY NOISILY AND RATTLES WHEN THE STEERING IS MOVED (IE THE STEERING PUMP KICKS IN)
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ???
CHRIS STARKEY

NO NEED TO SHOUT !!!!

(is your caps lock stuck on ;))

Just kidding - welcome to the forum - I'm sure somebody will be able to answer your query.

S.

24 VALVE TIMING

PERHAPS THIS IS AN EASIER QUESTION?
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TELL IF THE VALVE TIMING IS INCORRECT ON A 300 24VALVE?
THANKS
CHRIS

I think Bloodmoon has one of these, maybe he can answer your question, havent seen him on the forum for a while but I am sure shude can contact him and ask?

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
I think Bloodmoon has one of these, maybe he can answer your question, havent seen him on the forum for a while but I am sure shude can contact him and ask?
I usually see him on a Tuesday, but I don't think he knows much about the engine, although I may be wrong :) . I will ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom