!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Apologies I messed up the title... should read OM648 Waterpump!

Suspected leak from water pump (pool of coolant on base underneath the respected pulley, and a smell of coolant) an OEM replacement is priced at £130 ish or 'Premium' from GSF at £50.

Which one should I go for? Is OEM worth the extra?

There has been some loss of coolant, all be it a very small amount. It triggered the warning but even after a good number of miles the expansion tank still had a good amount of coolant in it... (it has now been topped up with antifreeze) I assume I shouldn't drive it anymore though? I am 99% sure its the water pump.......

Regards,
Abs

I would choose an OEM part to replace the water pump.
You are sure of a proper fit with OEM, which you cannot say about aftermarket

I agree with the above comments Abs, fit OEM , pay once fro labour and have peace of mind that the new part will last as long as the original.

Engines cost more than water pumps!

Hello chaps,

Looks like the decision has been made.. OEM it is...

Anyone know how many hours of labour it would be?

Thanks again,
Abs

Tbh as long as you buy a good quality aftermarket 1 there will be no difference, a few years ago i had a merc in for 2 new front wheel bearings/hubs, local supplier only had 1 and merc only had 1, so aftermarket was a delphi came in a delphi box and was the part was marked merdedes, 1 from mercedes came in a mercedes box and the part was marked delphi, go figure!

Tbh as long as you buy a good quality aftermarket 1 there will be no difference, a few years ago i had a merc in for 2 new front wheel bearings/hubs, local supplier only had 1 and merc only had 1, so aftermarket was a delphi came in a delphi box and was the part was marked merdedes, 1 from mercedes came in a mercedes box and the part was marked delphi, go figure!

do you know what company make the oem water pump for mercedes?

With GSF it only says 'premium' so I will enquire what exact brand it is... with Eurocarparts there is a choice of either Circoli or Airtex which I have not heard good things about...

So I think I will enquire with GSF and if they also stock shit brands then will go for OEM...

do you know what company make the oem water pump for mercedes?

With GSF it only says 'premium' so I will enquire what exact brand it is... with Eurocarparts there is a choice of either Circoli or Airtex which I have not heard good things about...

So I think I will enquire with GSF and if they also stock shit brands then will go for OEM...

Eurocarparts bits are of usually quite poor quality, i would avoid them if possible. But no i dont know sorry, but if you did get a delphi 1 you would be fine as they make a lot of oem parts for a lot of manufacturers

Eurocarparts bits are of usually quite poor quality, i would avoid them if possible. But no i dont know sorry, but if you did get a delphi 1 you would be fine as they make a lot of oem parts for a lot of manufacturers

SKF or Febi Bilstein any good?

SKF @ £60, Febi @ £47 both plus shipping... just need someone to let me know who makes the OEM one :D

May have to post a new thread to get more attention :p

All them makes are premium aftermarket brands, skf make a lot of bearings and febi make a lot of shock absorbers, strut top mounts and bushes

All them makes are premium aftermarket brands, skf make a lot of bearings and febi make a lot of shock absorbers, strut top mounts and bushes

have started new thread :) who make OEM Water Pumps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom