245 45 18 tyres on w212 e220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendog91

Car
W212 E220 CDI AMG SPORT
I currently have 20" rims and I'm going down to 18" would 245 45 18 tyres fit?

I have 245/40/18 on my 8.5jx18 ET48 front rims.

I notice the clearance between the tyre and the bottom of the spring cup is not big enough to get my fingers between (It's about half an inch), so a 45 profile (45% of 245) is possibly too big.

A guy from cm wheels told me it was 245 45 18 tyres that I needed....but I am the same as you...I feel these are too big

Look on the fuel flap .... or put your reg into one of the many websites selling tyres and they will tell you.

225 40 18 is a common size . The e class usually does have 245 fitted.

It's either 245/40R18 all round or 245/40R18 front and 265/35R18 rear.

As above, 245x40 all round,or wider on the rear if staggered alloy set up.

But will 245 45 18 fit? The thing is When I bought the rims from cm wheels they recommended 245 45 18 tyres so they was the ones I ordered...if they don't fit then I have the job of sending back and awaiting new ones to arrive

I refer you back to my comments in post #2.

Another 5% (i.e. the difference between 40% and 45%) is 12.5mm on a 245 tyre. I strongly suspect it will be too close for comfort on the front.

So I've spoken to cm wheels and they told me I could use wheel spacers? Could that be possible?

So I've spoken to cm wheels and they told me I could use wheel spacers? Could that be possible?

A 45 profile on the front may clip the suspension parts. Wheel spacers will push the wheel further out of the wheel arch. What size tyres do the dozens of online tyre places recommended by your reg number , or the fuel flap ?

See the first sticky on this sub-forum (at the top)...

I think I was just trying everything just to not go through the hassle of having to return 4 tyres from 2 different suppliers....all good now though both company's has agreed to take them back and exchange them for the correct size...another week till I am able to fit my new rims 😤

I wanted the same thing, but i already tested, bought and mounted 225/55/17 rims with winter tires (original dim. are 225/50/17) from person who has a W213 and i am telling you there is like 5mm of space to suspension from top and from side goes like: ---\, so mounting a 245/45/18 would probobly not fit since its 1cm wider on one side then 225 and like 1 mm lower (all standard rims for w212 probobly have the same ET, unless you buy some that have much lower ET so the space from suspension gets bigger which might do the job without spacers) So getting a 1cm spacers might do the job, but then that too will add 1cm extra on the other side so it would probobly be a realy tight fit. Strange that from orginal dimensions they did not left much space between as you might see on some other cars. With 225/55/17 or 245/45/18 it just looks more nice, space filled out, more comfort..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom