250Cdi engine observations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Since running this car I have noticed two things with regard to the way the engine behaves.

The engine temperature sometimes rises to the normal 90c point then drops again down to ~78c for no apparent reason.
The car has been into the dealer who say that is correct. Does anyone else experience this?

The other observation is fuel economy. For once the OBD is surprisingly accurate, reading 1mpg UNDER the tank to tank figure on two tanks.

If the car is left idling for any length of time, the economy is dire for some while afterwards...a couple of hundred miles.
I can only suspect this is due to the DPF needing to be regenerated.

Anyone noticed this?

I have a 62 plate C250 CDI, I have never noticed the temp gauge moving, mine is always solid at 90. I have noticed the crap idle and poor mpg though. Never been to impressed by the engine to be honest.

Mine stays pretty constant at 90deg also and these warmer days it doesn't take too long to reach that mark. But I do notice the start/stop turns from green to orange sometimes without warning, even after driving for over an hour. I don't let it idle for long so can't help there I'm afraid.

I have a 62 plate C250 CDI, I have never noticed the temp gauge moving, mine is always solid at 90. I have noticed the crap idle and poor mpg though. Never been to impressed by the engine to be honest.

Should have gone for a 250 CGI ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom