2513 (inlet port shut off motor) positioner signals fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oneilly

Car
Car
Just had the codes read and it came up as above, is it likely to be the motor again only had it done about 30k ago

The garage said they won't no for sure until they strip it down, their guess was given I've had it done before it could be the manifolds that need replacing, is this likely ?

I'm worried that now that they have said it maybe new manifolds, this is what they will replace regardless of if it needs replacing.

Only x2 thing will cause it failing prematurely. Coked up manifolds, or a cracked intake trunking

Only x2 thing will cause it failing prematurely. Coked up manifolds, or a cracked intake trunking

Sounds expensive??

Clutching at straws ...

What are my options, any short cuts?

Last edited:
I just re read your original fault code and yes I suspect manifolds gumming up putting stress on the ips motor
This is unfortunate and expensive!
The inlet manifolds on the 642 engine are pretty labour intensive. It would also be worth checking out if the oil cooler is leaking if you go down the repair route

Thanks for taking the time to post

Now booked in with Olly at Prestige looking forward to getting her back to good health

Great job done by Olly and his team, the car is now driving better then it ever has!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom