25K budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
My brother is after a car up to £25k, he currently own an Audi A3 which bought from new 5 years ago, he does around 20k+mileage a year.

I recommended A220CDI AMG Sport, slightly over his budget, but figures he could stretch to that.

He seemed interested in A180 AMG, and also Peugeot 2008, what would you guys recommend?

He will keep the car for minimum 5 years.

Quite a big mileage for a small car. Plus doing over 100K in it should make it easy to justify another couple of K on the budget.

I quite like the new A's but not maybe the best choice for such a demand. A Golf or Mazda 3 perhaps more ideal. C or E in the Merc stable.

Pug 2008 also really too low powered and poor ride to be ideal

£25K will get something used and low mileage, but bigger and more leggy for the journeys.

Personally I wouldn't suffer new car depreciation easily :crazy:

I am with John; 25k plugged into Autotrader with low mileage of say 30k and up to 4 years old should open his eyes

I also think he should avoid a new car and take something second hand.

Anything bought new with that much mileage on it so soon will kill the value.

At least a second hand car has already lost a chunk of depreciation.

Our SD sold a nice XF 3.0d TT on a 12 plate as he needed the money and bought a 07 CLK350 to load on 40,000 miles a year onto. Paid £13k and although it will still depreciate, he won't lose as much as he would on a new car...

25k would definitely buy a very nice used car indeed!

But I think my brother would want a new one as he wanted reliability and new car warranty! With the potential big mileages over the next 5 years, depreciation on both the new or used would be similar anyway. All IMO of course.

I'll show him this thread, and let him decide...

Appreciate the inputs so far guys!!

Volvo V40 I was very surprised by how Good it was

kinaero said:
25k would definitely buy a very nice used car indeed! But I think my brother would want a new one as he wanted reliability and new car warranty! With the potential big mileages over the next 5 years, depreciation on both the new or used would be similar anyway. All IMO of course. I'll show him this thread, and let him decide... Appreciate the inputs so far guys!!

Used approved from MB will come with a 12 month warranty!

I really like the new A Class, but for that kind of mileage I would be looking at a used E Class, preferably with the V6 diesel engine.

Hi

Just bought from a MB dealer ex demonstrator 13 plate C-class 220 CDI blue efficiency AMG sport plus with 6000 miles on it. Remainder of manuacturers warranty etc (as new) for £27K...I thought a damn good bargain. Look around as almost new is the way to go !!!

I just bought a c220cdi saloon amg sport plus 13 plate 3 months old with 3.5k on clock ex demo for £25k i think it was a steal of a deal.

My brother is after a car up to £25k, he currently own an Audi A3 which bought from new 5 years ago, he does around 20k+mileage a year.

I recommended A220CDI AMG Sport, slightly over his budget, but figures he could stretch to that.

He seemed interested in A180 AMG, and also Peugeot 2008, what would you guys recommend?

He will keep the car for minimum 5 years.
EGARDS

Lexus GS 450H !!

Regards

Hey everyone thanks for the recommendation. I've picked my car (used)..but not telling my brother what it is until Friday...hahahahahaha.

Welcome!

You can tell us we wont say (guessing its a Mercedes as you have joined the forum!!):bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom