270CDi ML 2002 model year wiring questions.

Discussion in 'Engine' started by Ron . B., Jan 2, 2017.

1. Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

my ML recently blew it's trans (needle roller collapsed in the trans) so i fitted another. Prior to this the handheld scanner I have (carsoft) readout the code as P2502 . it still does despite me trying to erase it.
    What do Mercedes suggest could also be at fault with this code beside slipping trans and implausible gear?

Next question: I also had a B1040 code which i erased OK ,thats a CAn fault isn't it? Anyone ever had to deal with this?

Third Question and i have searched the web for days trying to sort this one...Whilst poking around the engine bay searching for loose cables etc i found this lead (i.5mm approx. green with blue tracer) it is in the same bundle as the oil sensor .Despite me looking in parts catalogues etc i have no idea where it belongs. Someone in the past 14 years has crimped on a cheap connector aas can be seen in the pics. The larger connector goes to the oil sensor . Any help with this is most appreciated!! Happy new Year BTW. :bannana:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Well it runs out it was the air con compressor clutch lead . Someone has fitted an extra relay and a new lead to the compressor which threw me . For anyone else keep this as a reference ha ha

3. BlackC55

BlackC55 Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    E55K SL500 E300Hybrid E250X3 Viano C55 E450Cab A180 Smart 44 Brabus
    What are the sympoms you are getting?

If you are getting none, ignore the codes.

4. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Hi ,It's in a limp home mode:crazy:, 2nd gear & reverse only ,service due symbol comes up monetarily then shows odo reading and the tip tronic gearshift only indicates D etc. No 1234 on dash indicator. Cheers!

5. wu56Shoozz

wu56Shoozz MB Enthusiast

You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
    Car:
    MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
    I think that its your shifter panel itself that's at fault.. The Jeep GC with the 2.7CRD does exactly the same holds it in second gear & reverse.. you may be looking at a new shifter mechanism...or at least the printed circuit board..

The GC is also powered by the Merc 5 cylinder...

6. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

I have scanned the shifter module and it didn't indicate any fualts. It's never had drink spilled down it either. I wasgiven one peice of asdvice regarding the shifter, always check the rod length adjustment and i did that with new nylon bushes etc and still the same result.
    :wallbash::D

7. bran.c

bran.c New Member

Car:
    ml270cdi 2005
    Might be worth checking oil level in the gearbox, low level will send it into limp mode

8. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Hi, it's a replacement trans, the original disintegrated when a roller thrust bearing came apart. So I have flushed, replaced and refilled the trans which takes a touch over 8 liters ,that alone was expensive enough to make my eyed bleed..:D i have considered that and got the trans hot etc to check it at both cold and hot and got the correct readings . i am learning more than i want to know ...:eek:

9. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

A good mate came over with a chap who sells scanners and he plugged the very latest system into the car. Apart from a bunch relating to air con etc (all cleared OK) a code came up with message "P 2108 the internal electrical check of component Y36y2 (shift pressure control solenoid valve) has failed " . The contact plate is new so i've pulled it out and will investigate further. :fail:doh::doh:

10. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Arrgghhh!!!

OK, After getting a positive code read out which said one of the solenoids was shorting out,I dropped the sump and valve body. The contact was new (Febi ,with mercedes ID ground off) so i ran a multimeter over the contacts and solenoids. All of the solenoids are OK BUT ,the new contact plate has a dead short inside.:wallbash::fail:wallbash: I fitted the original plate back in which cured that fault

So now i have new fault which says i have no power to the solenoids ..Anyone have any idea of how to remove the loom from the fuse box to the trans? I THINK i have a broken lead in the loom . :doh:

11. BlackC55

Car:
    Check the wiring back to the control unit for continuity.

12. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Hi, i've done that, i will try again though , i can pull that loom right through in the car i think but is there a 12volt feed coming from the F1 module to this loom?

13. BlackC55

Car:
    Was the replacement box exactly the same as the original?
    There's a number on a plate on the side of it. 722.6***
    The *** must be the same as the one you removed.

1 person likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Ron . B.

Ron . B. Member

Hi, yes, i saw the vehicle it came from as it was few numbers close to the VIN on mine but a lot less mileage.