270cdi pipe exploded (the one coming out from the turbocharger)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
W203 C270 cdi
These days I was wondering about sprintbooster and/or remap my car since a little bit bored and...till know bullet proof engine:mad: today I changed my idea

How is possible that the plastic pipe (not the following hose to the intercooler) can be destroyed in this so easy way? I was only accelerate and, after a SSSBANGG, I found plastic connection with the hose destroyed!
Car is a '03 W203 but with only 70000km.

Please, see this link, item is the n.35 in way of the connection with the flexile hoses (not shown) that is going to the intercooler:

çàï÷àñòè Mercedes: êîäû çàï÷àñòåé ìåðñåäåñ

Please, my questions are:
- I've a moderate DIY ability with the car; how easy is to replace it? Being far from home I've the full set of tools but without the possibility to raise the car? How accessible is the area?
- May a piece of plastic fall down into the engine?:confused:
- after the damage I drove still 1km before stop the car, and before I realized that the turbocharger is working without load I tried to heavy accelerate, and no power limitation light is on.

I really thanks your help

Regards:)

Just fit a new pipe, they do split. There won't be bits in the engine as the air pressure made the pipe burst outwards, not inwards.

Initially the is not too lightly to have taken material into the engine but not guaranteed, as the failure was an outward explosion, but now the engine is sucking air from some place, so any dust debris could be ingested, but worse than that the turbo is running un loaded and so you can over speed the turbo destroying the bearings and turbo.

Just fit a new pipe, they do split. There won't be bits in the engine as the air pressure made the pipe burst outwards, not inwards.

thanks Dieselman, please what does it means "they do split"?

This morning I've dismounted the broken pipe. Not so accessible to work around, I'm wodering how I will put the new one, because normally it's easier dismount than mount:)

But how is possible that this plastic pipe may broke!? Mine is a factory engine without any remap:dk:?

Initially the is not too lightly to have taken material into the engine but not guaranteed, as the failure was an outward explosion, but now the engine is sucking air from some place, so any dust debris could be ingested, but worse than that the turbo is running un loaded and so you can over speed the turbo destroying the bearings and turbo.

I hope that doing only half kilometer to park in a proper area I didn't damage the turbocharger:(
Do I ave to check something before to install new pipe and start the engine? I belive no:dk:
Please any suggestion.
:)
thanks

turbo

hi the turbo will be fine fit the pipe and go for a run you will see the turbo was still being fed with oil so it will be allright
cheers up2u:thumb:

hi the turbo will be fine fit the pipe and go for a run you will see the turbo was still being fed with oil so it will be allright
cheers up2u:thumb:

the thing that annoy me is that due to the limited space to perform the work I dismounted also the upper hose, the one coming from the air box to the charger inlet. Some years ago I had to put a sealing past (we call red past) because the factory sealing system from Mercedes was poor, now this red paste is hard to remouve from the pipes and I have to put again in place. It's a work that I'd like to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

did the pipes replacement all seems is OK.

Please just a question, may be someone may check. Connecting the new charging air line (item n. 35 and 53 PARTSCATALOG.RU) with the air hose (item n.30 right side of this other link PARTSCATALOG.RU) I've noted that connection is not completly fixed: hoses may move some mm respect the fixed part.
May be it'a a lack of design and may be the reason why a lot of these pipes and connection may broke.

What d' you think? Please could someone check?

thansk a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom