2716 fault code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kashishchadha18

Car
w221
I have a 2006 Mercedes s class that has gone in limp mode rn and is giving hard shift.

The fault code is see on scanning the car is 2716
When I tried to clear the fault with my mechanic it did go out of limp mode for a bit and start working properly but post 2 hrs after turning it on again, the issue of limp mode happened again

Before this I faced a issue with my car in which it had gone in limp mode and I did not realise and thought it might just be the transmission fuel that's low .

So as a result it broke my ism and I have to change the intelligence servo module which I bought from sino-autobase.com

Luckily the piece worked out for me and when I turned on the car at that moment all was good but immediately after next day this issue of limp mode started and this fault code of 2716 is now a fixed fault code which is current and stored in ECM.

Please help me understand what could be the issue and solution

Pic of the fault code and message attached below

cc025220bfb54cf90949379cab8ae0a6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

On the face of it you have a fault on solenoid D in the transmission or communication to it..
Tuercas Viejas

On the face of it you have a fault on solenoid D in the transmission or communication to it..
Tuercas Viejas
I understand on the face of it but some people are trying to tell me it's a fault in the TCM but the fault code says nothing like that

Except it does say VGS Failed

I'm confused could it be the vgs or would it not be a different fault code .!? For that

I understand on the face of it but some people are trying to tell me it's a fault in the TCM but the fault code says nothing like that

Except it does say VGS Failed

I'm confused could it be the vgs or would it not be a different fault code .!? For that

Yes it could be.
The TCM controls the solenoids so the only way to accurately diagnose the problem is to observe electrical wave form activity by having a sophisticated scanner on it in live data. Essentially as you are driving it on test you watch the current ramping activity to the solenoids after having done a thorough inspection of the transmission harness etc etc .
The signal basically should look like table mountain trace once the solenoid is activated and fully engaged. Often if I suspect the circuit board or other internal parts I will in fact do a circuit check on the internals before opening it up or focus in on the TCM and telling the customer the bad news or the good news in some circumstances.
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom