27th September South Coast/Sussex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
Following on from the other thread, we popped down to see the hotel Nick suggested

The Cooden Beach

It's a superb venue (but I already knew that :))

right on the beach with loads of car parking.

They are happy to offer us a "corporate" price of £55 per person per night for room and full english breakfast (other deals available if you stay the whole weekend)

Those that stay overnight get full use of all facilities including pool, sauna, spa and gym.

Any interest or questions, let me know and we'll see what we can get organised

anybody else interested?

where are all the "we want a gtg in Kent/Sussex crowd" then?

I'm a maybe- but I won't know until nearer the time. I actually did go to Rochester Airport holiday Inn just in case anyone turned up the other week, but no one came. I guess gtgs just ain't as popular as they used to be:(

Depending on work commitments i,ll try and make it.

Apologies for not responding sooner as I started the original thread - well I think I did :eek:
Will try but is the day after my wedding anniversary so.......:eek:

being as we spent the afternoon at the cooden (more research) a couple of pics to whet your appetites :)

how's this for a location?

cooden001.jpg

same spot, turn around 90 degrees :)

cooden002.jpg

If you are planning that far ahead, you may be able to book Travelodge for just £20 a night as long as you have no intention to stay near Gatwick airport and at least 21 days in advance. Go to their website. :D

the nearest travelodge is in Eastbourne but the place we are talking about is a hotel as well

Not asking you to meet there, just stay for the night. Still available £29 a night. There is another at Hellingly Eastbourne. Some even at £19 a night. :D

I am up for this with an overnight stay. Looks great.....:)

5. mw_C32 - Mark

I could be up for this. I'll make a proper list.
Copy and paste to add more.

1 Andy
2 Nick
3 Tudu
4 Peter (C43AMG) Not overnight
5 R2D2 - Maybe
6 Mike Walker - Outside chance!
7 Bolide
8 andy27168 - Depending on work commitments
9 mw_C32 - Mark
10 Janner - Probably not overnight

ideally we need to get a few staying overnight to get the best price from the hotel, but we'll hold him to his original offer :)

We live just down the road but may well go for an overnighter if we can make the neccessary arrangements

We are away in Suffolk that weekend, sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom