280 cdi 320 cdi difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black c320

Car
06 E280 CDI w211 Estate
I was wondering what are the differences between the 280..320 CDI 3.0 V6 engines..190 bhp v 224 bhp ?

Yep, otherwise they are the same 3.0l lump with a different map.

Smaller flow injectors on the 280cdi. Tad more refinement, a bit less punchy. Shades of grey both are nice and both have the same pros and cons.

I should imagine if your looking second hand the 320 would be the pick.

You would probably wish you had, and they tend to have higer spec.

Funny enough when I was looking at 320 sports a few months ago, most estates at least were 280's. Was it better for tax reasons?

I know a few years ago I was after a 3 series convertible 325 or 330, I held out for the 330 not because I need the power...just because I would always wonder if I should have waited.

As above performance / mpg and just about everything else probably very similar.

I should imagine if your looking second hand the 320 would be the pick.

Agreed - all else being equal I'd take the 320 over the 280.

I ended up with a 280 AG because all the 320's I saw at the time were Sport models, which I didn't want. I don't regret buying the 280 though as it has enough oomph to keep me happy. You really need to try both and make up your own mind.

Yep, otherwise they are the same 3.0l lump with a different map.

I think you may be right, according to the epc programme, my 06 E280cdi and my previous 06 C320 cdi have the same injectors and Turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom