280se

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well he says he won't be around on Saturday to view and he's getting loads of offers for the full asking price. I won't be buying it without viewing it and I don't really want it that much to make a second trip to Bristol as it's a 370 round trip.

Well he says he won't be around on Saturday to view and he's getting loads of offers for the full asking price. I won't be buying it without viewing it and I don't really want it that much to make a second trip to Bristol as it's a 370 round trip.

There is a buy it now for £2750: have none of this multitude mastered clicking the button? Maybe they're (wisely) offering subject to an inspection...

Last edited:
Reminds me of this 1 owner 420-i've never seen a w126 with this type of interior.#holygrail

It's the colour combination of choice for the Joker in Batman. The split dash is probably caused by sun damage and that would also have accelerated fading to the seats.

Last edited:
KSD said:
There is a buy it now for £2750: have none of this multitude mastered clicking the button? Maybe they're (wisely) offering subject to an inspection...

I get the feeling he wants a deposit before viewing. That won't be happening.

As nice as it is, the guy is too dealer/ pretending not to be a dealer for my liking. It's put me off making a soul trip for the car.

It sold for £2000 on auction this week but I believe the reserve wasn't met.

All seems a bit odd to me, the car seems cheap for what it is if correctly described

Buying cars is hard work, especially when you live in Devon and Cornwall and everything interesting is miles away

W116s (especially the boggo ones) do not have much of a following. I don't think that is cheap, especially with rusty door bottoms.

Dealer is evidently worth avoiding.

It's sold now by the looks of it anyway. I prefer the w126 personally but they seem to have shot up in value. Maybe the winter is the time to buy such cars.

It's back up for sale due to "unrealistic expectations of a foreign bidder"

So somebody came and looked at it and it's obviously no where near the condition he claims.

Why mention that he's foreign? Is it just added unnecessary detail or a suggestion by vendor that the non-local is more likely to be unrealistic? I hope said foreigner didn't have to make a journey from the old country just for this...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom