280SL Pagoda valuation advice please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tintinmt, Jul 30, 2012.

1. tintinmt

tintinmt Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hi, I am looking at a 1969 280SL in white with black hood and interior. Looks like a genuine car with just over 100K miles supported by MOT certs and a good bunch of receipts. The car is in good 'older restoration' condition. It looks clean and well maintained although obviously not 'concourse'.
    My gut feel is that it is going to be worth around the mid point of all cars available.
    Any knowledgeable members care to give me the current range of valuations so that I can come to a conclusion on this one?
    Thanks!

2. C43AMG

C43AMG MB Club Veteran

Car:
    500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
    The best place to get an idea of price is the official Mercedes - Club The Mercedes-Benz Club

Lots of members have Pagoda's.

3. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    Complete barn finds can go for next to nothing, Cars that need restoration start at 20K, Concourse cars go for as much as 80K... most reasonable cars go for 30-50K.

Every car has to be judged on its own merits.

1 person likes this.