29 mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
Just back from a jolly down the west country, 780 miles, 122 litres of unleaded used, 29 mpg :thumb:. Mostly motorway or dual carriageway, a light right foot 80 mph indicated, probably around 75 mph. Tried to read the road ahead and avoid hard braking, accelerating.

Number of 124 coupes seen ----------- 0 :(

Number of police traffic cars seen ----- 3, all on the opposite carriageway of the M5, disgraceful, no wonder there's millions of illegal drivers on the roads.

Car ran faultless, apart from a smidge over the speed limit [ but I thought it had been raised to 80 officer :rolleyes: ]

Makes me feel better as i get 27mpg on a simular run/speeds from my cls!

Just back from a jolly down the west country, 780 miles, 122 litres of unleaded used, 29 mpg :thumb:. Mostly motorway or dual carriageway, a light right foot 80 mph indicated, probably around 75 mph. Tried to read the road ahead and avoid hard braking, accelerating.

That's quite impressive.

Number of 124 coupes seen ----------- 0 :(

Number of police traffic cars seen ----- 3, all on the opposite carriageway of the M5, disgraceful, no wonder there's millions of illegal drivers on the roads.
I'd far rather have loads of ANPR cameras identifying the scrotes and a few marked cars taking them down than squadrons of marked/unmarked cars roaming about, impinging on my right to exercise my right foot ;)

Managed 38.7mpg in my old CLK230 on a drive from the valleys in South Wales to Peterborough. Same driving style as CD.
2304307721_4ccfd59528.jpg

My same1995 124 coupe.

I got 33.75 mpg average for round trip earlier this year on a cross country from berks to herefordshire over course of 3 days.

included a few trips into local town. total 240 miles.

Used the tank brim method for calcs.

Has standard wheels and michelin eco tyres.

My same1995 124 coupe.

I got 33.75 mpg average for round trip earlier this year on a cross country from berks to herefordshire over course of 3 days.

included a few trips into local town. total 240 miles.

Used the tank brim method for calcs.

Has standard wheels and michelin eco tyres.

4 or 5 speed ?

Same as, 4 speed, falkens on rear, michelin energy savers on front. Going to Lake district in July, I am determined to get 30 + mpg, another couple of pounds in the tyres and a little bit slower should see it.
Then back to normal driving, getting fed up of being overtaken by teenage chavs in saxos and corsas :devil:

with mine, i have to stay below 3.5k rpm in 5th to avoid the Oliver Reed consumption. I dont get to take mine on many long runs these days to get a full appraisal of the range on my coupe. IIRC KTH286's coupe is without aircon so he may get slightly better numbers.

Same as, 4 speed, falkens on rear, michelin energy savers on front. Going to Lake district in July, I am determined to get 30 + mpg, another couple of pounds in the tyres and a little bit slower should see it.
Then back to normal driving, getting fed up of being overtaken by teenage chavs in saxos and corsas :devil:

compared to above cars you mention, OUR cars are "made for the journey".

they need to go fast to get out of their horrible tin boxes as quickly as possible.

It never works for them though, because I often pull up behind them at lights or roundabout.

another point, your sportline will have the wider tyres, so more drag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom