2nd hand Commercial cars, vans etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodle-Pulp

Car
C250CGI, previous C230 Coupe, SLK200, C200 Coupe
Near where I live there's a second hand car dealer - sells old tat that none of us locals would touch with a bargepole..
The fact that they're still going strong after 10 years but we never see any customers, test drives, or sales taking place just reeks of dodginess in my eyes..anyway..

Parking is at a premium around here and he's always parking his stuff on the road even though it's for sale, often I find I can't park near my house so I'm not exactly enamoured with the dealer.

Recently the dealer has taken in some white vans to clog up the pavement and his (and some of his neighbours) forecourt with, and some of these have a well known company's livery on them - isn't there a law about selling vehicles with someone elses signage on them?

Oh.. and the vans in question are mercs..

There might be a condition of sale where he bought them from that he de-brands the vans then before putting them up for sale. The cars that are parked on the road are they taxed?.

Pretty sure there are very strict rules re selling motors on the street. Your local council will probably be interested...

I've told the council numerous times.. to be fair these days he parks them on the street with no for sale sign in the window but we locals know they're for sale.. any untaxed ones I report in straight to DVLA - no qualms there..

I've contacted said well known company a few days ago via email (it didn't seem right to me) but got no response - maybe they don't care but as soon as someone has traffic violation.. maybe then they will.

Had a van written off by insurance company a couple of years ago. It was a borderline repair/write off.
Insurance co sent a low loader to take it away - seemed to come from an auction house.
Though no more of it until I had a phone call a couple of weeks later asking me to get the van moved as it had been parked infront of someones drive in London
Turned out auction house had sold van without removing signwriting & new owner had it in use within days, again without removing signs.
Severe complaint to insurance co followed!

Your local council should enforce the street trading side of things. If there are untaxed vehicles on the road during normal office hours (DVLA Liaison officer works mon-fri 9-5) in my Police force area they are lifted. A call to the Police on the non urgent number or email your Neighbourhood team should do the job.

Police tell me its the council I should be contacting, council tell me unless it's either
a) dangerous
or
b) untaxed, in which case call the DVLA

they couldn't give a monkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom