2nd Merc first post :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdrianL

Car
E350Cab AMG sport plus
Firstly hello to everyone, ive looked in many times but have only just become a member.
I have just taken delivery of my 2nd merc both have been E350 AMG cabs the first was a 2012 , the new one is a 2014 AMG E350 AMG sport plus black /black and im enjoying the new one loads.
One question , The car was an ex demo with 1400 miles on the clock and the deal was done over the phone , the dealer was great and has been a pleasure to deal with, i just would like your thoughts , I have conti tyres on the front and yoko advans on the rear , my old car had advans on, the dealer didnt mention the tyres but said they had put a new set of wheels on the front of the car because the others had been damaged , so should i ask for yokos to be added to the front to match , and are the conti rated for the E350 as all the E350s ive seen have advans or am I being mad . cheers

Adrian,

Welcome to the MBClub forums.
You may be better off reposting in the "Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension" forum, where there are 9,893 intriguing threads!

Regards, lim

Seems odd not to transfer the tyres to the new wheels at such a low mileage.
you need to check the spped and load ratings are as required

As others said, you need to ensure that the dealer fitted the correct size and spec tyre for your car, as can be found in the owners manual.

With regards to Yokohama vs Continental... both Yoko and Conti are premium tyres, so it does not really matter which brand the dealer fitted, however there is a case to say that all four tyres should be of the same make and model (as stated in my 2006 owners manual....). And indeed I always had matching tyres on all four corners.

But realisticly, fitting different make of tyres on the front and rear is common practice, so not sure to what extent this can be used as leverage to get the delear to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom