2nd row armrest on R-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobbyHowie

Car
2004 SL500, 2007 R350 Sport LWB
Hi all,

One of my armrests came loose and flopped down. Pushed it in and clicked OK and it held in place for a while but came loose again.

Anyone have an idea how it's actually fixed within the seat? Don't know if someone was too hard on it and broke it as wife had the car. Don't particularly want to buy a new seat!

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Have a look and see if there's a visible 'cap' on the outside of the armrest that might give access to the retaining bolt.

Not that many R Class owners on here ... if you don't get a definite answer then a dealer will be able to advise, and it might not be too bad (I'm sure just the armrest can be done).

We had the driver's armrest fail on the Vito just before the warranty was up (which was handy). I took the armrests off the rear seats shortly after we got it as I knew the kids would trash them!

The in-laws have the same car as you - 2007 R350 LWB - and as far as I know they haven't had any problems with the interior. Despite ferrying the same kids around a fair bit :D

Thanks Bill. Feels as if it just needs a good push and it might click in place. My dealer is pretty good so I'll take it in to them for a look. Quite annoying as we hardly use the 2nd row! Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom