2x K&N Filters - fit CLS/E63 5.5 + others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 S AMG
2x K&N Air Filters 33-2474

Only used for 400 miles. Flow better than standard and are also shallower in depth so offer less restriction in the air boxes.

Fit all 5.5 Bi-Turbo engined AMG's and also some 4.7 bi turbo engined cars (E500 etc) - all 2011 onwards.

Only for sale as bought a new intake system.

£70

Pretty sure yours will require a different size of filter

Nothing exciting Dave. Not many options available so for now have gone with the UPD kit. The AMS kit is nice but a massive outlay for the minor gains. I like the RK system a lot but based on previous induction work I've done in other cars I "think" it may restrict torque. Expensive also.

Looking at alternative intake pipes also so will see what crops up there.

The UPD is cheap compared to the others but expensive for what it is. The filter however surprised me, shallower than the K&N and flows better. I was half expecting to bin the UPD Filters and keep the K&N's and use them. Unable to dyno it yesterday after fitting it so not sure if the gains, so will pop back to MSL in the next couple of weeks. Also need to get a final remap applied as the current one has given fantastic results - capped low down torque that holds longer in the rev range resulting in higher bhp further up the rev range, plus an added treat that will be revealed if the final map goes well that other customers could take advantage of.

Thanks for the info Jules.

The UPD thing should certainly help create more flow, though I wanted more than that, hence the Alpha system. Interestingly, this no longer seems to be available for some reason on their website, probably people realised it was too expensive for what it is. I only put it on as I wanted to feed the bigger turbos, which I knew the original pipes wouldn't be able to do comfortably.

Good luck with the map, hope they sort it out for you. :thumb:

Incidentally, mine's going to be tweaked by Big Fish Tuning in the next month or so as he reckons that it's much too harsh and the car tried to kill him when he drove it last week. :D It's not done that with me yet so I'm OK either way, though he does make very smooth curves on them which should improve matters.

The Alpha was indeed your best option. I think the reason it's probably off their site now is due to cost, no doubting the quality but the new owners of second hand 63's probably view $3.5k's as a large outlay.

I reckon your car would pretty much try to kill anyone who drove it lol. It's good that he has drove it though as it will help him adjust the map to suit. Acid and John have been good with mine. The first map was smooth but the usual high torque at low revs then tailing off quite early (typical) on most remap graphs I've seen. Then had it changed to a much better map, lower torque but sustained for another 1k rpm in the rev range resulting in the power climbing longer higher up the rev range! Just needs tweaking to be smooth when driving and I'll be very happy. Not even gone downpipes yet so the potential gains will be interesting as it's already decent on bhp.

Surely there's a dyno day / meet coming up soon......

Jules

Bargain £65

With pics showing nearly new filters

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpg
    IMG_4632.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 27
Hi @cyclone1 I will take them for £45 .... If acceptable can you message me your details 07958916090.

Cheers

£50 anyone? Practically brand new pair of filters.

Hi @cyclone1 I will take them for £45 .... If acceptable can you message me your details 07958916090.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom