3.5mm audio jack on w211???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JpE220

Car
E220
I've recently purchased a 56 plate w211 and I'm in desperate need of audio solutions. Is there any way or connecting a lead to the back of the standard 2.0 mercedes stereo that will enable me to play iPhone it ipod? Ideally a 3.5mm jack connection?
Many thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply! Oh well, it looks like I'll have to upgrade my stereo afterall. Can you recommend any good sites / stores that will supply and or install OEM units?

Is that just on the W211 as the W209 just needs a cable plugging in to the aux socket on the back of the Audio 20?

No, it isn't W211 only, there are other "W211 like" MBs with an Audio 20 head unit that does not have any AUX connector.

Only NTG1 Audio 20 doesnt have aux input. NTG1 is in W211, W219, W220, W215, R230, R171 (MY dependant).

Thanks for the quick reply! Oh well, it looks like I'll have to upgrade my stereo afterall. Can you recommend any good sites / stores that will supply and or install OEM units?

You have the option of adding mCar interface or Dension to your current unit. Last-E & CLS Class (W211/W219) | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

If you want to go for a newer headunit easiest upgrade on a W211 with Audio 20 is to upgrade to Audio 20 NTG2.5 or Comand NTG2.5 fitted to MY09> W211. They both have aux input, have full bluetooth connectivity built in, support mp3 playback from disc or in the case of Comand from SD card slot and support ipod or media interface. It is a relatively easy swap. You would just need the headunit and NTG2.5 fitting kit from the link below.

W211 last E, W219 CLS | COMAND Retrofit parts | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

www.comand.co.uk in Lightwater, Surrey can fit it.

Stereo removal guide etc on www.mercupgrades.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom