3 flash direction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ilunn

Car
E CLASS CONVERTABLE + B CLASS,
Is there any way to switch off (permanently) the 3 flash direction indicators system? I personally find them annoying and really don't see any point in them.

Not sure why tbh.... if you don't like them you can just use the indicators like normal and press all the way down (or up)...

But don't know the answer to your question ...sorry

Is there any way to switch off (permanently) the 3 flash direction indicators system? I personally find them annoying and really don't see any point in them.

Can you explain what this system is? I'm intrigued

Is probably as i'm also driving other cars more often that dont have that function but allow one to use flash while not fully switching them on its what one gets used to.

Can you explain what this system is? I'm intrigued
If you press the stalk part way then release the direction indicators will flash 3 times then stop.

I think what the OP is trying to do is pull quickly on the indicators stalk to get just one flash of the indicators.

Instead the quick pull activates the 'lane changing' mode which means 3 successive indicator flashes, not just one.

I think what the OP is trying to do is pull quickly on the indicators stalk to get just one flash of the indicators.

Instead the quick pull activates the 'lane changing' mode which means 3 successive indicator flashes, not just one.

Any idea what year this feature started from?

Doesn't sound useful to be honest haha

Thanks Markjay thats exactly what Im doing, Its just useful to thank any other driver in instances when they have given you a flash to say its ok to come into lane (i'm of old school where curtesy was taught along with how to pass test)

Thanks Markjay thats exactly what Im doing, Its just useful to thank any other driver in instances when they have given you a flash to say its ok to come into lane (i'm of old school where curtesy was taught along with how to pass test)

You can thank them using a quick press on the hazard button (both sides flashing)?

This is a 'feature' on most cars I have had for at last the last ten or twelve or so years.. not really a new phenomenon.

On some cars you can find it in a configuration/settings menu on others it's a coding option through the OBDII socket.

In VWs it was called comfort indication. In many BMWs you can set it through idrive. On a former Z4M that I used to have, it was set via the programme options.

On a Mercedes, I think it might be a STAR coding thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

markjay said:
You can thank them using a quick press on the hazard button (both sides flashing)?
Stole the words off my keyboard lol , was going to say that , as that's what I do due to the 3 flash system

I use this every time for lane changing, unless the situation requires holding it down while I wait for a gap to open up or something.

Thanking is done by flashing the hazards. I've seen people do it by knocking the indicator left/right/left/right which looks pretty strange to be honest.

There's no way to stop it, just use your hazards.

You can, but of course that is illegal if you are moving ;) :)

(Unless warning following traffic of a hazard where a 70 limit applies)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom