3 MBclub members spotted today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
I had the pleasure of seeing 2 MBclub members and another just MSN'd me to say he saw me!

First I saw member C55 aka Michael in his CARLSSON C37!!!

Then I saw Tan in his SL 500 (just got it back after 6 weeks from the stealership!) The car was running and locked itself and luckily I had my camera!!!

Then Gshayer saw me in his 2.5 16V Cosworth

madness!!!!!

without further ado, I present the breakin at MB Great West road!

edit: I remembered one of the staff was leaning on my car to which I shouted ' get the F*CK off my car , NOW!!!' w*nkers.
PS I love AIR CON.

Attachments

• dsc02178.jpg
    dsc02178.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 166
The first thing i do when i get a merc is to turn off the auto lock, happened to me loadsa times!

Shame those R129 SL projector xenon headlights couldn't be persuaded to fit a W202. ;)

K., Did Tan get his car open without too much damage? Tan... Hope you car is okay mate! :( It looks like a stunner :)

I didn't think the car could lock the keys inside? Also I know how to disable/enable auto locking at 10mph but I didn't think you could disable the auto lock after 40 seconds of inactivity?? :confused:

S.

Do w202's have this auto lock?

Mine does after 10mph or if you unlock then dont actually open a door it locks again after a few minutes.

How do keys get auto locked in when engine is running?

How DO keys get locked in, all I am aware of is if the front wheels are rotated example removing a wheel the auto lock kicks in, if this happens how do you unlock the car with out damage ?

No he probably had a non mb alarm that has a built in auto lock function. Those lock as soon as you start...

Originally posted by jaymanek
No he probably had a non mb alarm that has a built in auto lock function. Those lock as soon as you start...

The system is standard MBSS, i have never had this problem before but apparently its common on SL's.

As a spin-off from this topic ....

What are the chances of getting club stickers?

I do recall a discussion ages ago regarding this, but do also recall that some people were against stickers.

I'd happily display one (next to my Pistonheads sticker).

Originally posted by Kinky
As a spin-off from this topic ....

What are the chances of getting club stickers?

I do recall a discussion ages ago regarding this, but do also recall that some people were against stickers.

I'd happily display one (next to my Pistonheads sticker).

I would willingly go along with this too, would even pay to display. Anyone have similar thoughts?

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
I would willingly go along with this too, would even pay to display. Anyone have similar thoughts?

It's been discussed before.

I think we go the point of discussing design - something visible but not too OTT, but then I think lack of funding probably stunted enthusiasm.

I think most people who were interested have gone with the number plate idea (text along the bottom).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom