3 monitors connected to 1 tower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
need advise from the computer guys.
ive a tower and monitor in my office,ive 1td of films and music that i want to send to my lounge and bedroom plasma tv's.if i get a wireless keyboard my idea was i can watch films on either tv.
its easy to get cables from the office to either tv but what is the best way and what do i need.
both plasma's have pc inputs .

cheers all

you'll need a VGA splitter - the keyboard aint gonna work over any distance though. Andy what about audio??

Go wireless and get a media streamer, ps3, popcorn, etc etc might be easier

oh yes,forgot about audio.
i was thinking of the popcorn unit but thought hardwiring was a better option

cheers

I would use a small PC on each TV, connecting to a media server PC (or dedicated box). You can use pretty much any PC with a decent graphics card, or mac minis......Network it all via wireless...........

Well, that's what I do.....We run a LG 50" off a 5 year old Dell Optiplex SFF.....P4 1.8, 512MB RAM....and happily watch movies etc. The PS3 (also connected to same TV) picks up a couple of the Vista Ultimate PC's as Media servers, and plays Hi-Def (Blue Ray) stuff for us. Bedroom plasma has a early mac mini which was £80.00 off ebay

Last edited:
I would use a small PC on each TV, connecting to a media server PC (or dedicated box). You can use pretty much any PC with a decent graphics card, or mac minis......Network it all via wireless...........

Well, that's what I do.....We run a LG 50" off a 5 year old Dell Optiplex SFF.....P4 1.8, 512MB RAM....and happily watch movies etc. The PS3 (also connected to same TV) picks up a couple of the Vista Ultimate PC's as Media servers, and plays Hi-Def (Blue Ray) stuff for us. Bedroom plasma has a early mac mini which was £80.00 off ebay

This is very similar to what I am setting up at the minute, running a LG 37" and 3 x 19" LCD in the bedrooms.

Some really cheap stuff on e bay I'm running a Dell small form dual core works perfectly,

Theres a Thread on how to do it somewhere as thats where I got my info from

You could even run an old XBOX (original) connected to your t.v. - just install XBMC onto it...

It's cheaper than a second PC at £20 or so, and will let you stream just about any video once connected to your network...

M.

You could even run an old XBOX (original) connected to your t.v. - just install XBMC onto it...

It's cheaper than a second PC at £20 or so, and will let you stream just about any video once connected to your network...

M.

That's what I use it works a treat but xbox's are becoming a bit thin on the ground so I'm moving to HTPC and trying to find a good xbmc alternative for the PC

for the xbmc programme to work does the xbox need to be chipped/modded or will a standard unmodified be ok
cheers all

How about XBMC? :D There are Windows and Mac OS versions available, both of which work very well.

I was looking for something that would work with Hi-Def and blue ray withusing a HTPC, I've played with XBMC, Media Portal and even WMC but haven't got it how I want it yet.

for the xbmc programme to work does the xbox need to be chipped/modded or will a standard unmodified be ok
cheers all

Yes it needs to be modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom