3 pages of codes tell me what to fix to get car working right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfer73..

Car
2006 ml63 AMG
here are the codes from star someone explain what i need to fix to get my car working right and starting properly :wallbash:

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

img004.jpg

The first thing I would do is have all the codes cleared and then read them again to see what you are left with. A lot of those look like old stored codes from previous faults that have probably been fixed.

Firstly, ignore most of them. Most of those codes a a product of a flat battery. Fault code mean bugger all unless you have a specific complaint with the control unit that is related to the fault.

Firstly you have no comms with the engine control unit. Look here first. Check all fuses and voltage and earth supply to that unit. As your car wont start you need to look at the basics first. Battery, fuel etc.

I tend to repeat this. Fault codes are useless without live data.

Also, just because there are fault codes it does not mean there is anything wrong. Spurious codes come up all the time. We call them BS codes.

Last edited:
Just had a thought. Has this car been jump started from another car? It would explain the codes.

Just read your other threads. I did not realise you car does start but just takes too long. I was under the impression it did not start at all.

As I have said in your other threads. Prolonged starting is normally down to lack of fuel pressure. This can be caused by.

1. Leaking off injectors
2. Blocked fuel filter
3. Air in the fuel lines
3. Poor high pressure fuel delivery
4. Poor low pressure fuel delivery
5. Rail sensor(s) faulty. (not very common)

If you can't fix it yourself why don't you just book it in to a garage and have it diagnosed. Guessing will cost you more in the long run.

Does it cut out if you rev it hard?

None of those codes are related to the problem, they can just be deleted.

There is a test that can be done in star to check injectors and high pressure pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom