3 parking tickets and your car gets towed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hi-Ho Silver

Car
C220 CDi SE Auto
Coming to a town/ city near you, the very latest 'victimise a driver' scheme.

Brighton & Hove council have recently proposed a solution for their financial shortfall due to reduced parking revenue.

If a vehicle receives 3 parking tickets and they are left unpaid, the vehicle will be towed and a fine of £110 will be imposed. So don't park up legally, go on holiday while remarking of parking zones is taking place and expect to find your car where you left it.

This would be a perfect opportunity to leave abandoned cars all over Brighton and Hove, such that they fill the storage compounds. It's not like abandoned cars have ever been dumped on streets before....

The probable outcome will be a group of 20 local motorists, driving really slowly along Brighton seafront by way of a 'protest'.....again! Brighton council take loads of notice of what the people who live here want and never do anything without first gaining our consent.

I recall asking for the reasons for why double yellow lined roadsides ("Fire engines can't get past") were turned into pay and display bays. No answer.

Brighton and Hove faces new parking crackdown (From The Argus)

Bit of a difference between the title "3 parking tickets and your car gets towed." and the reality "3 parking tickets and they are left unpaid".

Personally I don't have a problem with those who think the law doesn't apply to them getting a reality check.

Trying to understand the problem.

A guy gets 3 parking tickets and doesn't think he has to pay...Why? And the upshot is his car gets towed for non payment of fines and you think that's a bad idea? How is that attacking the motorist?

If you leave your car on a road and they paint lines there whilst you are on holiday and then tow your car - can't see you losing that one upon appeal.

Sounds fair enough to me.

We were stuck on the M25 for 2 hours today after a Focus (?) estate rolled by Clacketts Lane services, and watched approximately 30 people drive past along the hard shoulder. I'd like to think they'll get picked up from the CCTV, but probably not :(

If you leave your car on a road and they paint lines there whilst you are on holiday and then tow your car - can't see you losing that one upon appeal.

A very similar situation made the papers in Glasgow a couple of years ago : there was a game on at Parkhead ( Celtic Football Club ) ground and fans parked in the unrestricted streets of a nearby housing scheme . When the game came out , the fans returned to find the street lined with no parking cones which had not been there when they parked , and all the cars had been towed . Many people , including families with children , found themselves many miles from home ( some from as far as Edinburgh ) with no transport and the pound would not release the cars without a substantial payment , which not everyone was in a position to make . Protests fell on deaf ears , but the council were forced to capitulate when the story made the papers . Fines and release charges were refunded , but a lot of people were still inconvenienced .

Since when did issuing parking tickets/ fines result in legal parking?

Since when was parking reasonably and not having to pay to do so, 'an offence'?

Money is not the solution, it is the problem. This latest regulation has been invented as a response to lower than expected revenues from parking fines last year.

Be like me, I have a private parking sticker, (my own) so I am allowed to park allmost where I like I am disabled, but at least I get free parking ooh and tax sorry guy's ....Ian

Yes bit of a mislead on the OP. The scheme is if the car is parked ilegally and has 3 or more FPN's against it then it will be towed and so it bloody well should be. It not as though you have 3 outstanding tickets and they are going to come and hunt your car down and tow it if it is parked legally.

If you parked legally and they then change the markings around your car you cannot be fined, if your car is towed in these circumstances just issue legal procedings against the council and go straight to court precedent and case law already exists.

Why should the council gain your consent? You voted them in in the first place and in doing so you gave them the right to act on your behalf, if you don't like it go to the councillors surgery and make your complaints there. This is a bit like governments holding a public referendum, why the hell should they when they already have the mandate to make decisions?

Personally I usually park where I like in our village as long as it's safe, not on zig-zags, across someone's drive or in a dangerous bend etc.

I get fined about once a year which makes no difference to me as it's cheaper than paying in the council car park for all the times I parked for free.

Has anyyone come across the new traffic wardens? They're called civil fascist officers or somthing and are most macho in their black bomber jackets. The last one to book me refused to enter into any conversation at all with me and, curiously, just repeated one word of the last thing I said. For example, when I remarked that his mother must be very proud of his job and smart uniform he just grunted 'proud'.

Oh, and I always pay the fine within seconds of getting the ticket, once I even managed to get on the phone to pay before the time that the warden had written on the ticket!

Personally I usually park where I like in our village as long as it's safe, not on zig-zags, across someone's drive or in a dangerous bend etc.

Imagine the chaos if everyone was as selfiish as you.

...For example, when I remarked that his mother must be very proud of his job and smart uniform he just grunted 'proud'.

You astound me. You boast that you park illegally on a daily basis and then, when you do get caught, you insult the Parking attendant with playground-level abuse.

Pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom