3 plasma's on 1 pc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
ive a plasma in 3 rooms and have a cat 5 cable at the side of each tv,how can i connect all 3 to one pc so i can watch films,and use internet on all 3.can it be done with the cat 5's.

Depends on what kind of software the tv has, the cat5 may be a diagnostic port for engineers.

Try an acer revo, small of fits to the back of the tv, networked and using xbmc is a perfect media centre.

I've got all my screens connected up to acers, powerlined up to a 12tb nas enclosure. Packed full of movies, tv shows etc

ive been looking at the acer revo,find xbmc a pig to set up video thumbnails in,is there any guides available

If all 3 plasmas are DLNA (wireless) compliant, then you should easily connect them to your presumably networked pc via a switch.

Let me know more details of your plasmas, pc and network setup.

Depends on what kind of software the tv has, the cat5 may be a diagnostic port for engineers.

Try an acer revo, small of fits to the back of the tv, networked and using xbmc is a perfect media centre.

I've got all my screens connected up to acers, powerlined up to a 12tb nas enclosure. Packed full of movies, tv shows etc

Sorry to threadjack

Are you using Linux or Windows? I've got similar using xbmc on Ubuntu and I'm having problems getting WOL working under ubuntu so I was just wondering if you've had any luck with it?

Deker

ive a plasma in 3 rooms and have a cat 5 cable at the side of each tv,how can i connect all 3 to one pc so i can watch films,and use internet on all 3.can it be done with the cat 5's.

Do you want to just stream the same thing to each plasma or have them all running independently?

i want all running independently if possible ,internet on one,film on one another film on 3rd if possible

Sorry to threadjack

Are you using Linux or Windows? I've got similar using xbmc on Ubuntu and I'm having problems getting WOL working under ubuntu so I was just wondering if you've had any luck with it?

Deker

windows, xbmc for windows 7 is a doddle

never bought into linux, windows 7 is stable enough these days

Last edited:
ive been looking at the acer revo,find xbmc a pig to set up video thumbnails in,is there any guides available

i just set up the video folder to direct straight to the nas, which is already sorted by tv show/movie/sport event and then in subdir from there

just a case of flicking through for me.

windows, xbmc for windows 7 is a doddle

never bought into linux, windows 7 is stable enough these days

Yep I'm a windows fan myself, I just tried linux for the quicker book time - I guess with Windows 7 and hibernation it'll be quick enough, I've got to admit though it was a fairly painless install although there are a few things you have to tweak in linux to get it working (WOL has me beat though as I'm a linux newbie and no matter what I do it wont wake up after about 5 mins of hibernation :()

Deker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom