3 pointed star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinjs

Car
2021 C300 AMG Line Night Edition Prem +
I am about to take delivery of a 2 year old C220 CDI Sport, which I am really looking forwards to - (my first MB!).

The only thing that I want to change is to change the bonnet badge for a 3 pointed star - I know it is childish, (I'm 59!!!), but I have always wanted to drive a Mercedes looking out onto that emblem.

Any idea how much they cost?

Did the same myself, have a look on EBay. You can get a fake one for a tenner, but it's worth the genuine ones for £30. The one I got was actually supplied by a Mercedes dealer so you could also try there if one is close

Ready for the local erks to break off, I'd stick with the flat badge.

Congratulations on your new purchase Martinjs.

As mentionned above by wooddoor6, it is around £30.

I have quickly searched and I believe the part number is: A2218800086. However, Mercedes will be able to confirm with your VIN.

Retail price is £35.21, inchcape can do it for £31.69 + delivery.

If you are purchasing your new car from a Mercedes dealer why not ask them to fit one for you before you take delivery?

I hope you have a great time with your new aquisition. :)

Thanks everyone for the prompt and comprehensive replies - seems I needn't have worried about appearing childish after all!!!.

I was expecting it to be much more expensive.

Presumably, it isn't too difficult a job to swap the original flat badge for this - (I am pretty competent spanner wise).

Thanks again.

Easy enough to fit a star Martin, quite simply a case of pull and twist.

Nothing childish about it, it has always been part of the joy of Benz ownership to look down at the gunsight, put Die Walkure on the Becker, point the car east and see how quickly you can take Poland.

Re-instating the star was the first thing I did when I bought the AMG.

If you have a big star on the grille the two together do look a little bit Slough though.

Just to add it's far from childish. The issue is the idiots at MB who took off the beautiful emblem and replaced it with a nasty piece of cheap plastic stuck onto the grill, they managed to mess up big-time on that. What were they thinking?
Nothing beats sitting there in the luxury of a MB and seeing that emblem standing proud on the bonnet.

Nothing childish about it, when I replace my car I will either got for a W204 or a G-Wagon.

Should I get a W204 I want a sport, and im going to fit the Elegance grill and badge to it. If I wanted a flat bonnet I would have bought a BMW!

Just to add it's far from childish. The issue is the idiots at MB who took off the beautiful emblem and replaced it with a nasty piece of cheap plastic stuck onto the grill, they managed to mess up big-time on that. What were they thinking?
Nothing beats sitting there in the luxury of a MB and seeing that emblem standing proud on the bonnet.

some iconic mercs ie the 300 and 190 didnt have it on the bonnet, they may have been real metal but certain cars demand a certain look

Retail price is £35.21, inchcape can do it for £31.69 + delivery.

£31.69 plus delivery for the star, a bit of time to fit it - and then £500 to get the bonnet re-sprayed some some little scrote tries to remove it for you on the way home from the pub.....

:(

Nothing childish about it, it has always been part of the joy of Benz ownership to look down at the gunsight, put Die Walkure on the Becker, point the car east and see how quickly you can take Poland.

Re-instating the star was the first thing I did when I bought the AMG.

If you have a big star on the grille the two together do look a little bit Slough though.
Have fitted the 3 PS to my 220 Sport and I am inclined to agree that it does look a bit "Slough", so I have managed to buy a new Elegance grille on E Bay (genuine) to go with it for not much money, (appears his wife preferred the look of sports grille for her new Elegance, so he had to buy one at full price and fit it) -so I will have both options available.

Thanks for all the useful responses.

Elegance Grille fitted

So my Elegance grille has arrived and been fitted - so now the front of the car looks right - (I agreed with comments that the 3PS and the Sport Grille just didn't work together).

The new grille was actually as described on E Bay - spotlessly clean, and clearly removed from a brand new car.

Grille was surprisingly easy to fit and the car now looks really stunning.

I agree that MB should never have taken off the the 3PS in the first place.

People who said that I would smile every time I drove the care weren't wrong - so much to admire about this car - without doubt, the best thing I have ever driven.

Worth every penny - (as a Yorkshire-man that is difficult to say).

After 10 years in my old CLK I have to agree about the joy of setting the 3PS sights. But the CLK was an Elegance and I yearned for a sportier look so I'm now delighted with my C350 Sport saloon, despite not having the gun sight. I love the chunkier, sports grill and the AMG bodykit that more than make up for it. But of course that's just the opinion of this youngster .......... I'm a mere 65 :bannana:

£31.69 plus delivery for the star, a bit of time to fit it - and then £500 to get the bonnet re-sprayed some some little scrote tries to remove it for you on the way home from the pub.....

:(

I never had anyone have a go at my bonnet star in 6 years with my last car, nor have family had any of theirs interfered with. I think they will generally come away from the car without damaging the bonnet if the worst did happen.

Definitely miss the old gunsight, but I don't think my current car would suit the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom