30 seconds on ITN news tonight.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's because any tragedy over Christmas gets people all emotional.

Another tragic event .

BBC news covering it now , but given it only happened just under 3 hours ago and in what looks from the news feed a comparatively rural area ( in Glasgow the media headquarters were close by so reporters were quickly on scene ) it is perhaps just taking longer to get news coverage in place .

My sympathy goes to family and loved ones of the victims .

The bin-lorry was originally "suspected" of having terrorist connections post Charlie Hebdo?

The speculation machine was in overdrive but soon faded away as the terrorist angle was discounted.

It's tragic, but the bin lorry was city centre next to the Christmas fayre. This is more the suberbs, and a sad accident rather than a potential calamity.

The bin-lorry was originally "suspected" of having terrorist connections post Charlie Hebdo?

The speculation machine was in overdrive but soon faded away as the terrorist angle was discounted.

Charlie Hebdo was January, the bin lorry December.

But there had been terrorist incidents in France similar to the bin lorry accident in the run up to Christmas but they were kept low key to avoid copycat incidents.

To hell with the coverage. People have died. Who gives a toss if it's on the news. The poor families couldn't care less if a reporter was there.

BBC won't give it much prominence. They will still be busy arguing about how to pronounce "Bath".

In the good old days there would have been no debate at the BBC - it is Baarth.

The city where I grew up and I know Lansdown lane well. The hills are steep so when something goes it is going to reach high speed very rapidly. Terrible, the most shocking thing since the IRA bomb there in the 70s.

To hell with the coverage. People have died. Who gives a toss if it's on the news. The poor families couldn't care less if a reporter was there.

I agree. Seeing such incidents on the screen and splashed over the front pages must make it worse for grieving families and loved ones. It would for me anyway.

It's being reported in more depth today, presumably as more information becomes available.

Which is, as far as I'm concerned, the right way to do things. I can't stand journos interviewing each other about speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom