30 year rust free

Davidt23

Car
C220 w204
I have a 57 plate c class does the rust free include the rear subframe, as mine has corroded to the point it needs replacing?

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
I don't know, but just to say that (a) you need to check the T&Cs, I believe the warranty may requiresannual inspections, and (b) the car would need to have been repaired or resprayed only by an authorised body shop.

That said... it's definitely worth a visit to your local dealer.

Last edited:

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I have a 57 plate c class does the rust free include the rear subframe, as mine has corroded to the point it needs replacing?

Panels rusting are the usual complaint.

Corroding subframe on a 57 plate? Ouch!

My immaculate 08 Vito, with perfect service history was denied a corrosion warranty claim when under three and a half years old. LINK.

We had some great members back then. :)

Darrell

MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
GSXR 600, Volvo XC60, Dacia Duster, 911 C4S
Panels rusting are the usual complaint.

Corroding subframe on a 57 plate? Ouch!

My immaculate 08 Vito, with perfect service history was denied a corrosion warranty claim when under three and a half years old. LINK.

We had some great members back then. :)
A good read there. Why did Diesleman get banned?

oldguy57

MB Enthusiast
Car
Now various and sundry
Lots of posts on Mb forums about corrosion on rear subframes. Owners, after being initially fobbed off (never heard of this before guv) seem to get them replaced FOC, after some hassle.

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Hello David and welcome. Some do get them replaced FOC , some don't . My garage owning mate recently denied a W204 C class it's MOT ticket due to badly corroded rear sub frame . The lady owner instructed him to scrap the car ......everything else on the car was fine . If the subframe had of been OK it would have passed the MOT.

My 148000 mile 2006 S203 C55 is going to the same garage today for its MOT......:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom