30 years free roadside assistance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So if you've bought an approved/used from a main dealer and you ever break down you're entitled to free roadside assistance? I'm yet to have a service from the main dealer but my next two services will be there. The car has a full MB service history.

If this is the case, if/when you do break down, who do you call?

Thanks

So if you've bought an approved/used from a main dealer and you ever break down you're entitled to free roadside assistance? I'm yet to have a service from the main dealer but my next two services will be there. The car has a full MB service history.

If this is the case, if/when you do break down, who do you call?

Thanks

Then answer is obvious.....

Ghostbuster.....

Mines still dealer serviced, they are happy to point out any additional work needed and renew my roadside assistance.

I either get it done by them if its reasonable or go to an indi and get it sorted,

Its a good perk which I have used a few times in the past

I've had the same experience. Regular service the oh by the way sir it needs new brakes etc amounting to £ 500! I said just do the regular service and I'll do the rest and I still got mobilo updated. Also a point I found out is its renewal is every year but as mine works on assist and I hardly use it, mines still got 12000miles to go or when it tells me to service it which is longer than a year. So phoned mobilo and as long as it's serviced when assist says it's still covered.

I've just found that all approved/used cars automatically get 12 months roadside assistance for free. Will this be renewed for free too or does the free renewal only count if you're the first owner of the car?

Funnily enough Ford offer the same benefit also with the addition of European cover.
Had my Motorhome serviced last week to obtain the cover.

Ford Service & Ford Roadside Assistance - Car Roadside Assist UK

Had the same thing on our Honda and Mitsubishi too. Honda even provide it if you use their version of the "Value" service.

The main manufacturer that I know of who is particularly remiss in this area is VW - even from new their cars only have 1yr Assistance cover and they don't offer continuous cover with servicing. Daft really - it makes it even more of a no-brainer to have servicing done elsewhere.

Just be aware that the 7+ Value Service does not renew Mobilo cover.

" The Value Service does not follow the Manufacturer’s Recommended Service Schedule and your free Roadside Assistance cover† and 30 years perforation and corrosion warranty will not be renewed."

Just be aware that the 7+ Value Service does not renew Mobilo cover.

" The Value Service does not follow the Manufacturer’s Recommended Service Schedule and your free Roadside Assistance cover† and 30 years perforation and corrosion warranty will not be renewed."

Strangely enough three years ago I had a value service done and my car broke down six months later with an unrelated fault. Mobilo picked up the car and I got a replacement Mercedes for a week until parts came in to repair mine.

This year I had a suspension problem and they wouldn't touch it as they said I'd only had a value service within the last year.

What are the benefits over say, RAC or AA or the free cover provided by your insurance company?

I've just found that all approved/used cars automatically get 12 months roadside assistance for free. Will this be renewed for free too or does the free renewal only count if you're the first owner of the car?

It will be renewed, if the car is serviced by a main dealer, and the service included all the extra items due, as per ESS.

Just had my new MRA card arrived last week, the car was serviced by MB Northampton under the Service Care plan four weeks ago, with five additional items! I think I got a pretty decent value for money out of this two year plan, even if the next year service is just a simple A :thumb:

What are the benefits over say, RAC or AA or the free cover provided by your insurance company?

I doubt any of them will cover a 30 year old car or supply you with a Mercedes replacement until your own is back on the road.

Russ

Just called the Mobilo customers service today to check the status of my 2011 c-class as we are off to France Germany and Austria for 2 weeks. They updated my details from the previous owner and I was away with full Mobilo life cover including repatriation from Europe etc. They sounded pretty decent on the phone,

I used it last year on my E63 and they came out checked the car and took it to the dealership of my choice and also dropped off a brand new CLS for a week.

I've also got RAC onward travel breakdown and greenflag onward travel breakdown to top it off.

So I think I'm well covered.

Mobilio is great based on my experience. I had puncher in my SL , they low loaded it dropped me home and it took it away gave me an S class which was waiting for me when I got home I had for a week until they order and replaced the tyre and I picked it up.

Got some flak on here for that but from where I sit that's great service and I wouldn't of got that from a recovery company.

Why Flack? Sounds like good service to me. Yes you will pay more for the service and tyre. Me, I'm happy to pay for the convenience

The AA Relay service has no limits as far as the age of the car is concerned. One of my 50 year old cars has been recovered twice in the past 10 years , once when the original torque converter failed and once when brand new points disintegrated. The cover is for any car you are travelling in as well. Good value really at £100 ish (subject to negotiation). Car hire etc I would have to look up but never needed it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom