300 24v diagnostic port - does it actually do anything useful ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
and what do I need to read from it, as my mechanic now thinks I may have a electrical problem which is causing random stalling

cheers

Brett

You may have 2 ports ...

and what do I need to read from it, as my mechanic now thinks I may have a electrical problem which is causing random stalling

cheers

Brett

You should have a round, 9-pole socket down near the ignition control module on the left side of the engine compartment. I've done little with this aside from measuring fuel delivery 'duty cycle' across pins 2 and 3. This alone has helped in eliminating idling and other engine performance issues.

My 300ce-25 has another on the right side up by the battery. This is a 16-pole rectangular socket.

Try an internet search for, "cs1000-mb.pdf". Deep within that document I found all I needed to read codes off the 16-pole socket, using an LED code reader I made for €15. One success here related to the 5-speed (722.5) gearbox fitted to mine. The performance of the gearbox was complete poo until I cleared an error code, thus restoring 4th gear and all the change-down responses.

You need to do a bit of study but it's useful stuff.

Regarding random stalling, you need to make sure that:

>> HT components are good,

>> duty cycle and other fuel delivery issues are good

>> OVP relay is good.

>> no vacuum leaks are present - all rubber or other tubes, seals, joints etc must be in good order. If there's any hint of surging idle, there may be a vacuum leak.

Bonne chance.

RayH

RayH

Cheers mate, got the doc and going to give it to the auto leccy to have a look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom