300 diesel kickdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyc

Car
E300TD luxury van
Hello All, I'm searching for the perfect (well, the best I can find) w124 E300D estate.
I have test driven an example but the kickdown was very poor.
It was slower than a petrol 16v E200 estate. Is this to be expected?

the mileage was 160K plus.

hi.. not normally, the car u tested may need its injectors cleaned, that normally make a difrence..

jonnyc said:
Hello All, I'm searching for the perfect (well, the best I can find) w124 E300D estate.
I have test driven an example but the kickdown was very poor.
It was slower than a petrol 16v E200 estate. Is this to be expected?

the mileage was 160K plus.

You need the E 300 TD mate.

If it's the 12v motor then it won't be too lively, but if it's the 24v then it should go Ok.

Are you sure it was actually slower to accelerate than the 200, or did it just feel slower. Diesels can be deceptive due to the long gearing and low revs.

Dieselman said:
If it's the 12v motor then it won't be too lively, but if it's the 24v then it should go Ok.

Are you sure it was actually slower to accelerate than the 200, or did it just feel slower. Diesels can be deceptive due to the long gearing and low revs.

:) :) :)
I'm on a different planet here. Instead of either 12v or 24v go for mains = 240volt

Sorry guys :eek:
John

Dieselman said:

Definately felt slower, I had problems pulling out of junctions during my test drive. Very worrying. The kick-down only seemed to work from a standstill, nothing happening with the kick-down after 40mph was reached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom