300 SL Gullwing for restoration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a country I'd like to see, not just for the cars, it just seems like a very interesting place.

Yeah me too but we better get in quick before the Americans spoil it :)

I agree, there's a going to be a slim window of opportunity over the next 2-3 years where it emerges from the 50's and ends up as Americas 51st state.

My business partner is going there this year so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of the place.

I agree, there's a going to be a slim window of opportunity over the next 2-3 years where it emerges from the 50's and ends up as Americas 51st state.

My business partner is going there this year so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of the place.

Everytime we think about going something crops up to prevent us. This year we have several family events happening overseas so looks like 2017 before we'll get there.

Despite Cuba also having a big mining industry particularly in Nickel and Cobalt I have never been with work either.

It's a great place to visit and I agree best go quickly there are a lot of modern cars there now and building going on everywhere in Havana so it will be very different place soon. The Island was fascinating and the people really friendly though speaking some Spanish really helps once you get away from the hotels and resorts.

+1 for Cuba. Two weeks on Cayo Coco, with a short mid-holiday stay in Havana.

Bliss.

Importing may have been banned , but what is the position with exporting some of these cars - or is that banned too ?

Re. the classic cars ... don't most of them have small Japanese diesel engines fitted over there?

I've been. Cuba is the best place I've ever toured in the world. It will get ruined over the next couple of years.

Some beautiful cars, scenery and most of all people.

Just breathtaking. Go before it's too late!

I went to Cuba at the beginning of last year and loved every minute of my trip.

The fact that it is (still) a car lover's paradise was the icing on the cake, even if most of the old cars are in dreadful conditions.

We rented a Cadillac Fleetwood convertible (yes, a saloon with the roof chopped off) for a short trip. When I asked him what sort of engine was roaring under the bonnet, the driver's answer was: "Mercedes 320 CDI":cool:

One of the most interesting cars that I saw was this unique cross-breed between a Rambler and a Volvo 244, fitted with a 'state of the art' Kenwood satnav / hi-fi system.

Attachments

• 20150224_182101.jpg
    20150224_182101.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150224_182121.jpg
    20150224_182121.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom